Chapter 7: Donna

After taking a walk around the Dawn Winery, Diluc and Jean went back to Diluc's mansion. That's when Jean heard a knock on the door. Jean opened the door, to see Donna, the flower girl. She had an incredibly red face.

- Can I help you...?

Jean asked. Donna's red face immediately turned into a normal face. No, not normal. But it seemed like she was kind of angry.

- Grand Master Jean! I didn't expect to see you here! Is Master Diluc home...?

Donna said, trying to peek behind Jean.

- Uh.. yes, he is. Do you need anything from him?

Jean asked suspiciously. Donna just shook her head and gave her a bundle of flowers.

- Please give them to Master Diluc! Thank you!

Donna then ran away, covering her face. Jean looked at the bouquet, and saw a note. Jean pulled it out and read it. It said:

Dear Master Diluc,

My name is Donna. But I'm sure you already know that! Since we're best friends and all that... (Jean cocked her head in confusion) Anyways, I'm not sure if you know this but I really really like you! You probably didn't expect this coming from me right? Since you are so clingy around me. But back to the point. I really like you. And I mean it.

Love,
Donna

Jean was fustrated when she saw this. She grumbled and slammed the mansion door hard. The slam bounced off the walls, making it louder than it was supposed to be. And because of that, Diluc rushed downstairs.

- Jean?

Diluc stood by her side and asked her what was wrong. She just showed Diluc the bouquet and note. After Diluc read the note, he said:

- Jean...you know this isn't true...

Jean sighed and snatched the note from Diluc's hand. Diluc hugged Jean and showered her with kisses, trying to prove that he only loves Jean. And only Jean. After a few moments, Jean was finally convinced that what was written in the note wasn't true. Diluc let out a sigh of relief and kissed Jean again, just to make sure she believed him. Jean buried her face into the boy's chest, and asked:

- What are we going to do about this Donna girl...?

Diluc didn't reply. For the first time, Jean didn't have a solution for this situation. And she has faced many many situations. Diluc didn't have a solution either. After a few hours of brainstorming about what they could do (yes they brainstormed for a few hours about the situation), they decided it would be best to just ignore Donna. But unfortunately, they both soon realised that ignoring Donna wouldn't be possible. Everyday when Jean visits Diluc at the Dawn Winery, she could see bouquets, teddy bears, chocolates, and sometimes even a cake on Diluc's porch, all from Donna. Jean was infuriated after the tenth day of the gifts. Jean decided to confront Donna about this situation and end this charade once and for all. When she approached the flower stall, she could see people surrounding the stall. What was happening? Jean tried to make her way through the crowds and see what was happening, but then she felt someone stab her in the thigh. Jean collasped, and blacked out.