Poetic Justice ₪ XXVIII

Brielle

"How you holding up baby?" Daddy asked.

It's been three days since that night at Chris', I would answer honestly by saying I'm more mad at him than I am Chris. He played just as much into that as Chris did, both of them should be setting an example for Mijo on how a men should behave. When I look at my dads face and look into his cuts and swollen cheek I get so damn mad. No reason why that should had happen that night. I was completely blindsided by that, I was only suppose to get my labtop and go home. Soon as that broke out my only concern was getting Mijo out of there.

"Daddy, I really don't want to talk about it. I feel like I need to run a mile, to take the pressure away of how I'm feeling."

"You're my little girl and you know I would do anything to protect you, I was doing what I felt was right. I know you don't want you hear me bash him but he deserved it, I don't want him anywhere near here. He's done, I can't believe he got you pregnant again."

"It takes two daddy."

He sighed. "You right I don't want to talk about this anymore! It's too upsetting. I need to get some fresh air, I'll be back."

I buttoned my lips trying not to cry as I heard Mijo dashing around the corner. "Momma, I want to go outside."

"I don't feel like it, mommy doesn't feel good ."

"The baby doesn't taste good anymore?"

I laughed. "I told you kid, I didn't eat the baby it's growing in my tummy."

Mijo came up and shouted at my stomach. "You stay in there! This is my mommy!"

I picked him up laughing. "And you're my baby."

Suddenly my phone started ringing, it was Chris calling to Face Time. I was going to ignore it but Mijo already knew it was him.

"Daddy, are you okay?"

"Yeah man, I'm fine. You okay?" Chris said in a dapper voice.

"A little."

"What happen?"

"Nothing."

"Don't lie Mijo, what did I tell you about that?"

"I can't tell you cause it's not going to happen."

"What's not going to happen?"

"You coming to get me daddy?"

"You have to ask mommy."

"She's going to say no."

"Ask her."

"Chris, if you want him come get him and hurry up." I said taking the phone from him and hanging it up.

I got Mijo dressed and we sat outside for Chris to come, I didn't know when my dad was going to be coming back. That's the only reason I told him to hurry I don't want anymore blowouts. Chris came and I paid him no attention when I loaded Mijo in the car.

"Be a good boy baby," I said closing the door as I walked back to my house.

"Brielle, we not going to discuss this?"

"Discuss what Chris? You said it all and did it all already, I'm tired. I, am, tired."

"When were you going to tell me?" He said grabbing my hand.

"When I got good and damn ready to," I said snatched my hand away.

"Brielle, I can't keep doing this back and fourth thing. I need my son for more than one day out of the week, I need you to stop this shit and tell me what's going on! Please babe, you can't tell me you don't miss us or feel any type of way about us."