Poetic Justice ₪ III

Brielle

Love. What does it actually mean to love someone? We say it all the time to one another, but do you know what it means to express it to someone we feel deeply for? Some people believe it's lost its meaning and become overrated, then there are those dumb fucks that say I Love You after a week or so of going out with someone. Love is expressed differently depending on who you talking to, but when it comes to loving a man or a woman how do we know if it's real? How do we know what it feels likes to actually be in love? What if what we both feel for each other is Infatuation? Blinded by what we think is love, everyone knows a REAL relationship can't survive off of that. Half of you won't be able to tell the difference between the two because you're so head over hills for someone. Who most likely couldn't care about what you're doing right now.  But I'm not trying to get into that, I been trying to figure out what it means. And if we don't know what it means, then why in the hell do we continue to say it one another?

"Happy Birthday baby boy! My little boy is two years old today!" I said picking Mijo up out his crib.

Reaching his hands up with a big smile on his face, I smothered him with kisses. I ran his bath water and began getting his birthday outfit ready. Had to get two because knowing him he'll mess the first one up. Mijo was given ten minutes in the bath, I watched him splash around the water like a happy baby. I fed him breakfast then sat him in the living room so he could play with his toys as I set up for the party. As I was setting up everything, Mijo began tugging on my pants leg with a picture of Chris and I in his hand.

"Daddy?" He said.

"Yes baby what about him?"

"Daddy Mommy?"

"Mijo I don't know, he's coming home soon."

When he does get here I'm going to kick his ass too! No reason why he shouldn't be here helping me set up for this party. Mijo only turns two once, with that big said I didn't want to do anything to pricey. Just a little old fashion party in the backyard. Entertainment for the little kids, music, alcohol, and food for the rest of us. Chris's only job for today was to be here and his ass can't even do that right. People started showing up by the dozen and still no Chris. As the hours went by, Mijo was getting cranky and didn't want to be bothered by anybody.

"Where's the baby daddy at?" Chyna asked.

"I don't know, I'm trying not to have him piss me off. It's not about his ass it's about Mijo."

"Well his ass should be here for Mijo don't you think, I mean y'all made him together right? Have you tried calling him?"

"I can't Mijo won't let me put him down long enough too."

"Give me him," Chyna reached for him. "Come here birthday boy, you miss your Auntie Chyna?" Chyna cooed at Mijo, surprisingly he made no fuss in her arms.

I stepped away going into the house to see if I could reach him. But once I stepped to the door my dad pulled me to the side.

"Everything okay baby?" He asked.

"Yeah daddy, I'm good."

"Why do you look mad, what happen?"

"Look around, everyone is here but one person. Only damn person that matters the most should be here, but his ass is running the streets right now."

"Daddy he's on his way, it's okay."

"No baby I don't play that shit, wait till he gets here I'm going to choke his ass out. Not here for his own sons birthday what type of shit is that?"