Poetic Justice : Prologue

Brielle

Go head, judge me I don't give a shit. Point out my flaws and call me a hypocrite because I didn't do anything I said I would. For instance I told myself I would wait for someone special or at least who I really cared about to give myself away to, that's half true. I told myself I wouldn't have a man take care of me I would do things my way and on my own time, that's half true. I told myself I would always wait till I'm married to have kids, fucked that one up. Call me what you want, I am somebody's baby momma. I am not married, I am about to be twenty five years old with no wedding ring on my finger. A one year son running around, and a "boyfriend" that feels like he's my part time boyfriend. Meaning he'll take the perks of the relationship when it's convenient for him, but is unwilling to put forth actual commitment.

Label me as all of that but before you do so, think about it like this. Okay I may have lost my virginity early and had a baby before I was ready. But I only had sex with one person and still continue to sleep with that person today, let's not forget to mention that my son is by the same person I continue to wake up next to everyday. So shit I say I'm doing pretty damn good for someone who hasn't done everything the way it's suppose to be, I couldn't be happier with myself for that so fuck what anybody thinks about it.

Back to the basics, when it was getting close to the due date of our baby being born Chris was just too excited! He surprised me one day by paying for his mother, my mother, and myself to go on a spa day with each other.  He should have known I can't really enjoy the spa because I couldn't do have the things I wanted to being pregnant. Especially when it came to getting certain massages because it could induce labor but it was the thought that counts and it was sweet of him. It definitely relaxed me because at the time I was stressed the fuck out. When I came back to the house Chris called me into the baby room where my dad and him surprised me to the remodeling work they did. Chris painted the room and drew all his playful designs on the wall, it was really special that him and my dad worked on this together it was beautiful.

Mijo Christopher Maurice Brown was born a week after their little project, he's about to be two years old soon. I know everyone says this about their kids but my baby is the smartest damn baby in the world, he's about to be two and already speaks so damn good. When he was born Chris almost missed it all, what he was doing I don't know but I let it go after I saw Mijo. Only thing that mattered to me at the time was that he was there to hold my hand as I pushed. I was in labor 10 hours for Mijo to make it the world. I wasn't going to push till his ass got there, his mother and my mother were in the room with me but my father didn't want to see me in the light. I didn't blame him either all my damn goodies were hanging out for everyone to see, I wouldn't want his ass looking anyway but in that moment I was in minimal pain I wanted to be all woman and handle the birth naturally. Mijo was the most beautiful little thing I ever seen, from the moment he was born he was all mine no one will ever take the away from me. Healthy as can be he cried his lungs out, the doctor created commentary as they took him to clean him up.

"Good job baby, you did so good I'm proud of you. That's my boy crying, shit that's my boy I'm a father!" Chris said smiling from ear to ear.

"We got a pair of blue eyes over here!" The doctor said.

"Blue eyes?" Chris repeated.

Yes blue eyes, my baby was blessed with blue eyes. Mainly they interchange between grey and a steel blue. It isn't uncommon in my family but most definitely rare to find, I myself never seen anyone in my family alive with blue eyes but supposedly my great great grandfather had blue eyes and no he wasn't white. 100% Puerto Rican baby don't get it twisted! Once we got to the name process we started butting heads.

"Look at him, damn." Chris said holding him for the first time.

I smiled brightly "Are you tearing up over there?"