Poetic Justice ₪ XXXIX

Chris

My heart hasn't beat this fast since Mijo was born, now it's happening all over again. Everything always seems to fall into place when you least expect it. I fought hard as hell to get my family to where we stand now, I could of lost them but now I'm gaining a new love. Giving up was never an option, making it through was my main focus. As we all walk into the maternity ward together I began getting flashbacks, from every moment we spent together, to the moment Jasmine kissed me, the moment I met Janaé, the gut wrenching moment I lost her all because of those cheap hoes, down to the moment I got on my knees begging for a change. I was feeling every emotion possible, I don't want to screw up for this kid. Mijo doesn't know what went down but I know, I'll always know what I did and what I dragged both of them into lying.

"Say what's up to the camera mommy!" I said recording Brielle as she sat in the hospital bed.

"Round two, can't wait to meet you baby!" She smiled weakly blowing a kiss to the camera

"Mijo what you got to say."

"I'm mommy's only baby, you can have daddy." he said looking into the camera.

I laughed "You don't want to share your mommy?"

"No!"

"Chris maybe you should take him out of here, I don't think the baby is coming tonight I'm only 4 centimeters dilated and have been for hours."

"What about her?"

"I don't want to burden your mom."

"I doubt she wants to stay here doing nothing."

"Brielle, I want to stay with you." Kataleah spoke up.

"You sure? It's going to be boring."

"I don't care."

"Mijo say goodbye to mommy."

He began to cry "Mommy you going to be okay?"

"I'll be fine boo boo, you'll see me tomorrow." Brielle kissed his temple as he hugged her,

"But I have a responsibility, I need to help you. I love you momma!"

"I love you too boo boo, I don't need your help right now. But I need you to still be my big boy, don't cry."

"Men don't cry," I said.

"You get some good sleep in, when you come back hopefully the baby will be here, okay?"

"Kay, bye mommy."

By the time I got to my moms house he was already sleep, it was really late when I got there but that didn't stop my mom from giving me a pep talk.

"I'm really proud of you Chris, there isn't a day that goes by when I'm not. You have become a man and Brielle has brought that out of you, your smile gets big whenever anybody says her name. You are truly doing right."

"Thank you Ma." I smiled.

"Don't ever lose that smile, you feel like your in trouble don't give up. Come to me, I will help you whenever you two whenever you need it. Keep this relationship solid, don't let anything break it."

Brielle

"It's just you and me kid." I smiled weakly as I looked at Kataleah.

"Can I lay in the bed next to you?"

"If you can fit, be careful though."

"I really like your family, I wish I could have one too."

"This isn't even complete, I'm missing my daddy. He would be here shaking holding my hand." I smiled faintly.