Poetic Justice ₪ IX

Brielle

Ryan is his name, Ryan Jones. This dude has shown up at this damn facility more than any parent I ever seen. All just to talk to me for ten minutes at the most. His ass could be a crazy ass stalker, because it's pretty damn obvious his daughter isn't sick or suffering from anything chronic. Nothing that she needs to keep being seen by the doctor. Least he has good ass taste in women if he keeps coming by to see me.

"This is the fifth time this month I seen you Kataleah, are you sure your sick?"

"No, my daddy just wants to see you. He's been telling me to pretend to be sick so you and the real doctor won't suspect anything, can we just skip to the lollipop?" She asked.

I laughed, "Is that right? You been coming by just to talk to me?"

"Little girls who can't keep daddy's secrets shouldn't get lollipops." He said directing it towards her.

I smiled, "It's okay, you can have one anyway."

"I'm not allowed to have your number, so this is the best way I can talk to you." He shrugged with a smile.

"How old is your daughter?"

"She just turned four a few weeks ago, why what does that have to do with us?"

"Us? I'll tell what my son needs a little play mate, so I'll give you my number. Just so the two of them can have a play date."

"A date huh?" He smiled.

I giggled. "It's for them, not us. I told you, I'm in a relationship already. I'm only doing this for them and I feel bad that you are wasting your insurance just to talk to me."

"So it's a pitty date?"

I smiled. "It's not a date, I'll text you we can meet at the park some time this week. After that you drop me like a bad habit, I can't have people thinking things about me. You not allowed to call me past the hours of 3 PM or text me past the hours of 5 PM."

"Your man handling you like that? But I can respect the rules, is there anything else I should know?"

"First of all my man doesn't handle anything about me, I provide and look out for myself. He owns none of this, it's just I need to respect him too. It's disrespectful that I'm even giving me my digits, but for the kids I won't mind."

"I understand, I didn't mean to try and tap into your business."

"The doctor is about to come in here soon and I have other patients waiting. I'll see you around." I smiled lightly waving both of them goodbye.

I'm surprised this dude doesn't know who I'm with yet, he seems harmless. Besides if Chris can have a couple of bitches out the wood works calling him his "friend" then why can't I have a male friend too? It ain't like I'm trying to sleep with the dude, I know what type of picture this can paint to everyone else. Last thing I'm trying to get reported to Chris is that I'm out here sneaking around his back or fucking some other nigga. He probably won't be happy if he knows I'm bringing Mijo around a stranger, especially a man but he's going to be playing with his daughter so what difference does it make to him.

Chris

That day when Janaé went in to get her heart surgery it took damn near five hours for her to come out. But what only mattered is that she made it out without any complications, she was drugged up so it was no use in me being there and at first they wouldn't even let me see her but I wasn't leaving until I did. Finally after fighting with the nurses about it I got to see her once she was moved into her own private room. Janaé had a long scar that at least looked eight inches long going down her chest. Like I thought she was weak and I tried telling her that she didn't have to fight to keep her eyes open just to talk to me, but she wouldn't listen.