Poetic Justice ₪ XXXVII

Brielle

As a mother there was an instinct in my mind burning me up, what if what I was thinking is right? Leaving Kataleah behind like that just wasn't right, I just straight dipped while she was begging for me to stay. I took Chris with me if he promised not to kick Ryan's ass, I just wanted to make sure she was understanding why I can't see her anymore. More so I wanted to be nosey and see if she was okay. I didn't bother knocking, I let myself in. The door was unlocked.

Soon as I opened the door Ryan smacked Kataleah down hard to the ground then pulled her up by her hair, she screamed as the tears slid down her cheek soon as she saw me she ran to my leg holding on tight.

"What are you doing here?" He asked caught in his shit.

"Why the fuck are you hitting her like that?"

"Daddy doesn't like it when I don't listen," she expressed

"This has nothing to do with you, I'm talking to my daughter."

"With your damn fist? Kataleah are you okay?"

"I want to go with you," she wiped her eyes.

"Go get in my car."

"Kataleah, stay in this house!"

"Get in the car, I'll take you with me you don't have to go through this shit." I said as she ran off.

"You not her damn momma now, I let you take my daughter out a couple of times! Now you stepping into business that ain't your own. How I discipline my daughter is not your concern."

"You don't have the fucking right to put your hands on her like that, I don't care who I am ". I'm calling the cops!"

"Brielle bring my damn daughter back here!"

I ignored him going to the car as fast as I could, I pulled the car out the drive way just incase he came out with something.

"Kataleah what happen when I left?" I asked as Kataleah hung her head low.

"What's going on?" Chris asked.

"Chris switch seats with me."

Chris sat on the driver side as I went in the backseat with her."

"I'm in trouble," she said softly.

"No your not, but I need to check out any marks on you body okay. Remember like how I did when you came to my job at the Dr. office?" I asked as she shook her head yes, I lifted up her shirt a bit to see her back was red and had welts. "Does that hurt?"

"A little."

"What happen sweetie you have to let me know?"

"My daddy told me to behave when I'm with you so you'll want to spend more time with us, if I don't do a good job then he gets very mad."

"What does he say when he gets very mad?"

"I mess everything up, I can't ever listen. Go get the belt!" Kataleah mocked his words.

"Is that what he said when I left?"

"No he said a very bad word about you, then he said it was my fault. Then he pushed me into the table and it hurt real bad, I told him I didn't do it but he pulled my hair and then gave me a spankin'. When you came that's when he smack me down. I don't want to go home tonight."

"Bae you sure you don't want me to go in there and handle this?"

"No Chris sit your ass down, you in enough trouble as it is. The cops will be here soon."