Poetic Justice ₪ VIII

Brielle

Crazy how we guard ourselves from what we really want, because we think that it'll never be right or it'll hurt us in the outcome. Nothing should be taken as a regret, only the chances we blew off when opportunity smacked us in the face. I didn't want Mijo to be the reason why I'm stuck to Chris but if it wasn't for him, I don't know if I would be here with him right now. Happiness comes and go but it hasn't left me for a long time and I hope it never does. When were near each other it's not me to be the one that calls him baby, babe, or bae. To me that's just not how we work, he's my dickhead, my nigga, my everything. I haven't gotten into the swing of that yet. That's just how we are, nothing can ever change that.

"Good morning, how are you two doing?"

It's another day at work. Usually I enjoy the time I spent here but lately, now I can't to wait to get home to my boys. But you can't complain you when got money in your pocket, and a check coming through the mail when you get home. Besides it's worth every penny when I get to send a child home with a smile. Having them feel better than they did from when they walked through the door.

"Hi sweetie, what's your name?" I said bending down to her level. Clearly I had her chart in my hand with her name on it, but it's always important to make the kids feel comfortable.

"Kataleah, do you hear the lady talking to you?" Her father questioned sternly.

"Kataleah? That's such a pretty name, I always said if I had a daughter I would name her Kataleah." I smiled.

"Do you have kids?" Her father asked.

"I have a son, he's two." I smiled.

"I don't see a ring on your finger, my guess is the father didn't realize what a beautiful woman he had."

I didn't know where he was going with that, but he ended it well. Otherwise if he would've said something different we would've had a problem.

I smiled. "We're still together actually, it's complicated."

I examined his daughter out and did everything I was entitled to do before the real physician stepped in. While I was doing so though, the little girl's father wouldn't stop gazing at me. It was a look I was all too familiar with, not the Lion and Gazelle look. But the sensual look Chris gives me when he examines my body, right before he holds me in his arms and kissed upon my neck.

"Alright Kataleah, I hope I see you soon would you like a lollipop?" I asked as she shook her head yes.

"Thank you!" She said in a angelic voice as her black long curls bounced from shaking her head.

"Have a nice day!" I smiled exiting the room.

"Excuse me, I didn't catch your name." Her father said right before I stepped out the door.

"It's Brielle," I smiled as I extended my arm out to shake.

He lightly took my hand and lifted it up to place a kiss upon it. "A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet."

"That's -."

"Shakespeare," he interjected with a smile.

I slightly titled my head not believing he wouldn't know more from his work, everybody knows that line. "Tell me some more."

"Love is heavy and light, bright and dark, hot and cold, sick and healthy, asleep and awake . It's everything, except what it is."

I slowly smiled as I bit my lip as he recited a line from Romeo and Juliet to me. "That was cute, I mean impressive." I was getting tongue tied, the nerves in my body were beginning to tingle for some reason.