Poetic Justice ₪ VI

Chris

"Good morning Daddy!" Mijo said slapping me on the face.

"Hey man, how did you get out of your crib?" I said stretching.

"I climbed out, daddy I hungry!"

"Time to get you a big boy bed, your mommy left for work already?"

I looked over at the clock and it was 11:01 AM, she was definitely gone alright. I put on my robe and took Mijo potty first then downstairs into the kitchen.

"What do you want today, pancakes, fruit loops, or cat?"

He laughed, "Daddy you can't eat a cat."

"I know was just testing your mind, we also have waffles. You know daddy can throw down on some waffles right?"

"No, cereal. I like mommy food better!"

"What, boy you don't like my cooking? I'm hurt, you hurt daddy's feelings." I said pretending to cry.

Mijo moved my hands from off my face turning his head sideways. Getting close to my face to see if I was crying. "Stop it, I didn't mean it. Your food is great, mommy make bad food. Daddy you stop it right now, men don't cry!"

I bounced back with a smile "That's right, men don't cry and don't ever forget it."

Mijo settled for a home style Belgium waffle and eggs and tore it all down in seconds. I let him run free around the house and play with his toys, as I washed the dishes and pots. While I was doing so the door bell rung, Mijo ran to the door as if somebody came to see him.

"Good morning to my too favorite men, how are you doing today cutie?" Jasmine said walking in.

"Fine!" Mijo said standing behind my leg.

"Mijo go play!" I demanded,

I waited for him to get away from us before I said something, "What are you doing here?"

"You haven't been answering your phone so I decided to stop by, I brought you guys a little somethin' somethin' from iHOP."

"We just ate but thank you," I said taking the bags from her.

"I see you playing daddy today, I'm guessing you two are really together now. How come I'm last to know?" Jasmine crossed her arms with a smile.

"Didn't really think it was that important to know."

"Are you kidding me? You damn near beg to talk about her when you're over my house. Especially when it's bad news, but once everything is all good you M.I.A . Of course I would want to know how you guys are doing! Don't tell me you're going to turn into one of them."

"One of what?"

"Those dude that just forget about the people around them. All because he has his nose so far up his girlfriends ass."

"Lower your voice, I didn't forget about anybody I been busy."

"Yeah okay, I seen this all before. You'll say we'll chill and shit, but soon as she gives you a command you'll drop everything and run. Watch it'll happen."

"I was about to go out and find bed for Mijo. You want to come or are you going to stand here and continue to tell me shit you don't know?"

She laughed, "No don't invite me now out of guilt!"

I grabbed her by the hand, I don't know why but I wish I could've slap my hand out of it's reach. "No I want you to come, I need a woman's touch anyway. I don't know what the hell I'm looking for."