TWO

Rhy and Rey sat in the sand, as they enjoyed their last few free moments in the morning. The droid stayed the night and was no exploring a nearby dune.

"It would be best for us to sell the droid," Rhy said softly. Rey's head snapped towards her younger sisters.

"You have to be kidding me, Rhy! BB-8 is looking for someone. It needs to find them. I'm taking him into town tomorrow- not to seel it," Rey says when Rhy's face lights up with hope. "We are going to look for that someone." Rhy scowls deeply.

"You wouldn't have to work near as hard, Rey! You're exhausted all of the time! You could finally rest!"

"Rhy, enough. After scavenging for the day, I'll be taking BB-8 into town. I would have you take it but we both know your feelings on the matter. Why is it so bad that I want to know more about the galaxy around us?" Rey doesn't wait for an answer and marches into the walker and grabs her staff and a bag. "BB! We're leaving! Let's go!" She snaps before she attaches the droid to her speeder. Rey marches towards Rhy and stares down at the girl. "There is more to life than Jakku and waiting for parents that do no want us! They aren't coming back! Move on, Rhy!" Rey hops on her speeder and drives off.

Rhy watches sadly as her sister leaves her behind. The feeling within her grew and somehow she knew she wouldn't be seeing her sister again. Somewhere inside of her, she felt that Rey did not want her either.

~~~

In a Star Destroyer holding cell, a beaten up Poe is shackled to a chair.

"I had no idea we had the best pilot in the Resistance on board. Comfortable?" Kylo Ren taunts. Poe gives a crooked smile through battered lips.

"Not really."

"I'm impressed. No one has been able to get out of you what you did with the map," Kylo says, walking around the chair.

"Might wanna rethink your technique," Poe says smartly. Kylo Ren says nothing, reaches out to him. Poe flinches in the chair as Kylo Ren reaches for his face, not touching him. Within seconds, Poe feels intense agony throughout his body. Yet he is unable to scream or even make a noise.

"Where is it?" Kylo asks harshly.

"The Resistance will not be intimidated by you," Poe barely manages to say.

"Where... is it?" Kylo asks again, releasing his hold on Poe's vocal chords. Poe lets out a deafening scream before beginning to spill everything.

"Droid! Orange and white!" Poe yells as the pain increases. Kylo ups the pain and Poe spills the rest. "He's a BB-unit! Smart little dude! Please! I gave you what you want!" Kylo continues for a minute before marching out of the cell. He finds General Hux on hte destroyer and reports his findings.

"It's in a droid. A BB unit."

"Well then. If it's on Jakku, we'll soon have it," Hux says. Kylo Ren hesitates but gives a curt nod.

"I leave that to you."

Poe is left alone for hours before a young man enters his cell. The man is dressed as a stormtrooper. He glances around suspiciously before walking over to Dameron and releasing his restraints.

"Come on," the trooper says as he pulls Poe down roughly. He handcuffs Poe and holds a blaster to his side as they walk down the hall. They turn onto a narrow passageway and the trooper pulls Poe against the wall to hide. "Listen carefully: you do exactly as I say, I can get you out of here." Poe looks at the trooper with confusion.

"If- what-" he stammers. The trooper pulls off his helmet and looks at Poe.

"This is a rescue, I'm helping you escape. Can you fly a TIE fighter?" The trooper asks Poe expectantly.

"You with the Resistance?" Poe asks, confused.

"No no no! I'm breaking you out. Can you fly a TIE fighter?"

" I can fly anything. Why, why are you helping me?"

"Because it's the right thing to do," the trooper says, his statement sounding rehearsed.

"You need a pilot," Poe says blankly. The trooper nods.

"I need a pilot." Poe smiles widely.

"Let's do this thing." The two men sneak around the destroyer until they arrive at the hangar bay. The trooper pulls his helmet on and holds his gun to Poe's side. It appears to most that the trooper is simply escorting a prisoner. They glance around and see no one watching them so they climb quickly into a fighter. "I always wanted to fly one of these things. Can ya shoot?" Poe asks from the small cockpit side.

"A blaster," the trooper says.

"Okay, same principal! Use the toggle on the left to switch between missiles, cannons, and mag pulse- use the site on the right to aim, triggers to fire!" Poe orders as he begins to fly but the fighter struggles to take off because it is attached to a fuel station. "I can fix this," Poe mutters.

The fighter draws attention as it continues to try and break free. Soldiers scramble around, gathering guns to begin firing at the ship. The TIE lurches forward once more but is pulled back. A rocket launcher is readied to be fired at the fighter but before it can be shot, the fighter breaks free and flies towards the planet of Jakku. Shots are fired at it from the destroyer but the small ship doesn't fire back for awhile. After a minute or two, the fighter fires back. After Poe believes enough damage occurs to the destroyer that they have a chance to escape, he makes the TIE break for the planet.

"What's you name, kid?" Poe asks the trooper sitting behind him.

"FN2187," the trooper responds.

"FN what?"

"2187."

"That's not gonna work for me. FN... Finn. I'm gonna call you Finn."

""Finn." Yeah, "Finn", I like that! I like that!"

"Well Finn, I'm Poe. Poe Dameron." The ship flies closer to the planet but then a shot from the destroyer hits the ship. Alarms blare everywhere as the ship begins to free fall into the planet's surface. "No, no, no," Poe mutters.

"Why were you flying towards Jakk?" Finn snaps angrily as the ship continues its downward plunge.

"I've got to get my droid to the resistance. Orange and white BB-unit. One of a kind!" Poe yells over the blaring alarms.

"You should have gotten us out of here!"

"Too late now, Finn!" Poe yells as the ship crashes into the desert sand.