THIRTY THREE

Ver leads her sister to the throne room where Snoke sits expectantly.

"Very good young padawans. It is time we restore order back to the galaxy," Snoke crows. Rey scowls.

"You call this order? You call so many deaths order? Innocent people? I call this fear and terror," Rey snaps. She holds her saber higher in a defensive position. Ver cracks her neck as she looks towards Snoke.

"Rey, this is your last chance. Join us or die," he says calmly. Ver scoffs in anger.

"She has already made her choice, Supreme Leader." Ver holds her saber menancingly by her side. She cracks her neck as she looks solemnly at Rey. "I ask only that neither of you interfere." Kylo looks at Ver in shock. "I can never ascend to sithdom if I am unable to beat a measly jedi."

"Ver... Are you sure this is the wisest idea?" Kylo asks, concern evident in his voice.

"Will you respect my wishes?" Ver asks, completely ignoring all that Kylo said.

"Very well, child," the Supreme Leader answers.

Rey and Ver turn and face one another. Both sabers are drawn as the two stare each other down. The tension in the air is thick as Kylo and Snoke wait to see who will make the first move. Unsurprisingly, Ver moves first. She charges at Rey. Rey is immediately on the defensive. But she expertly blocks each of Ver's attacks. This goes on and on as time passes slowly for the two. Finally Rey sees an opening. Ver appears to have left her right side open. Lunging forward, Rey goes to hit Ver's side. Just before she makes contact, Ver sweeps her legs out from under her just as Kylo had once done to her. Rey's head slams into the ground and her saber skids away from her. Ver stands above Rey, her saber held in front of Rey's neck.

"Good, good," Snoke whispers with an evil laugh. "Now kill her," he orders.

Ver looks down at her sister and hesitates. Instead of killing her, she grabs Rey's discarded lightsaber and tosses it to Snoke. Snoke groans as he sets it next to him on the armrest of his throne.

"Stop being weak!" He yells. Ver flinches at his tone and looks down at the floor.

"I... I can't," she whispers so quiet that no one but Rey hears her.

"Speak up, child!" The Supreme Leader screams. Ver flinches as a single tear slips down her tan cheek.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Kylo yells as he steps next to Ver. Rey glances around at the two people in front of her. She is quite clearly still out of it.

"I told you she would be a weakness," Snoke says coldly. "Think of what you are doing now, Kylo Ren."

"I know exactly what I am doing now." Kylo grips the handle of his saber that rests at his hip. Rey glances between the three as she starts coming back to reality.

"You are both repeating the mistakes of your grandfathers!"

"Are we?" Kylo asks. "Or maybe we are correcting them," he bravely states. Snoke sneers at his disciples.

"Looks like I will be needing some new padawans." Ver finally looks up at Snoke and he smiles. "Unless of course you finish what you started." Ver looks at her saber in her hand. She turns back towards Rey.

"Do not be weak, Ver Loren. Remember the sins of your sister. Make her pay," Snoke coos as Ver's hand shakes slightly as she raises the saber back to Rey's neck. Rey looks back at her sister and sees the internal battle within her.

"Rhy," Rey whispers as she slowly raises a hand to lay on top of Ver's. She slowly moves her fingers until the rest on the trigger of the saber.

"I'm sorry, Supreme Leader," Ver whispers. She secretly turns Rey's saber to face Snoke. "But its time your reign ends."

"Child-" Snoke is cut off by Rey's saber igniting and slicing him in two.

Kylo gapes as he turns towards Ver and Rey. Relief floods Rey's eyes as she clicks the trigger, intending to turn the saber at her neck off. Kylo watches in slow motion as Ver drops the saber and it shuts off. Then Rey screams. Ver falls backward as Kylo rushes forward to catch her.

"What have you done?" Kylo yells as he looks at the deep knife wound in Ver's stomach. Rey backs away in shock.

"I-I-I didn't know. I thought it was the trigger!" Rey looks at her sisters discarded saber and sees the knife jutting out, coated in her little sister's blood. Ver coughs as Kylo helps her to sit up slightly.

"Medic!" He screams. "Medic!"

Rey grabs her sisters saber at her feet and turns it on before she sprints out of the room. She looks back one time at her dear sister then she doesn't look back again. 

---

Sorry its been awhile. I've been quite busy. I really hope you enjoy this chapter!

Let me know what you think!