SEVENTEEN

Rhy continues to struggle against Kylo. She calls to the force and tries to push him off of her.

"That's not good behavior, doll. Be a good girl for me." Tears fall from Rhy's face as she stops struggling. "Good girl," Kylo crows. He lets Rhy go and she falls to the ground coughing and gasping.

"K-k-k-ky," Rhy stutters. Kylo kneels before Rhy and tilts her head to look at him.

"What are you doing here?"

"Sup-p-supreme Leader Sn-noke sent me. I need in the field training," Rhy says tearfully, still catching her breath.

"And you chose not to alert me?" Kylo asks angrily.

"I thought the Supreme Leader told you, Ky. I'm sorry." Kylo sighs.

"Very well. If you are to get in field training, I suppose we should get started." Kylo helps Rhy to her feet and together they walk towards the command tent. "I am a big fan of your outfit," Kylo whispers just before they enter. "It looks stunning on you, doll." Rhy blushes deeply.

"Thank you, Kylo," Rhy whispers before walking into the tent. Kylo trails after her. "Evening, generals," Rhy says greeting the First Order generals. "What are we discussing?" She asks as she sits in an open chair.

Kylo smiles under his mask. She was becoming more and more comfortable with herself as she got more powerful. Soon Rhy would be ready for Kylo's next step. Snoke was starting to get on his nerves. Soon it would be time for him to go. Kylo wasn't kidding when he said Rhy would be empress- he would be emperor.

~~~

It took only three weeks for Giko and the planet to be brought under complete control of the First Order. Rhy helped to implement new policies that would help restore order to the planet. But as the days ticked by she became more and more antsy to get her own light saber. The few times Kylo pulled it out, she would stare at it with envy. Kylo noticed and constantly teased her about it.

"Isn't it stunning?" He would tease. Rhy would only scowl.

Finally the day came for the two to leave for the Crystal Cave of Ilum. Rhy's left knee bounces up and down quickly as she sits in the copilots seat of her and Kylo's ship.

"Doll," Kylo says, resting a hand on her thigh, "Calm yourself." Rhy inhales sharply at the contact. Her face flushed as she pushed his hand from her lap. Her knee begins tapping once more.

"Apologies, Ky. I'm just excited," Rhy responds happily, forcing all other thoughts out of her head.

"I'm aware, doll." Kylo reaches out and grips Rhy's thigh tight. He traces small circles and Rhy shifts uncomfortably.

"Ky... what are you doing?" She asks, finding herself short of breath.

"Is this not calming you?" Ky asks softly. Rhy exhales deeply.

"N-n-no," Rhy whimpers and her heart quickens. Kylo stands up from his seat and bends down in front of the girl.

"You've stopped bouncing your leg," he whispers in her ear. Without saying another word, Kylo removes his hand sits back in the pilot's seat. Rhy shifts nervously. The two sit in silence before Ky speaks again. "Did you not enjoy my touch, doll?" Rhy blushes a deep red as blood rushes to her cheeks. "That's what I thought," Kylo says more to himself than the girl sitting next to him.

Rhy doesn't dare speak for a half hour. She finds a bit of confidence as the ship exits light speed and the planet of Ilum comes into view.

"How am I to acquire a kyber crystal?" She asks.

"You will walk into the cave and take one."

"There is only one?" Rhy questions, her confusion visible on her face.

"No. The caves are filled with thousands, maybe even millions or billions of kyber crystals. All you have to do is find one," Ky says as he pilots the ship towards the planet's surface.

"Oh. That doesn't seem too hard." Kylo only smirks, remembering his own search for a crystal.

He and his friends were brought to the sacred caves by Luke Skywalker. He had been only a couple years younger than Rhy, but he was far cockier. 15 year-old Ben Solo was the average teenage boy. He was a leader among his peers, the other trainees always followed him. When the icy waterfall had first risen, allowing all to enter, young Ben had been the first to run in. Everyone else followed. But while he and his friends wandered the caves, all around him found their crystals. As time started to run out, they all returned without their fearless leader. Ben had raced through the caves, searching desperately for his crystal. With only minutes remaining for him to safely return, Ben had reached out desperately using the force. The entire cave shook but the force responded. Ben found his crystal and returned to the others with only moments to spare. Everyone had congratulated him, shocked at the power Ben expressed. Everyone that is, except Luke. Luke had paled as he watched the reckless boy. When Ben boarded the ship to return, Luke muttered worriedly to himself but Ben heard him. The words Ben heard set him on the path he was on now. Those few words changed everything.

"Conflicted power like that needs to be stopped."

"Ky," Rhy says shaking his arm and pulling him from the memory. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, sorry," Kylo says roughly. He pulls him arm away from Rhy harshly and disappointment floods the girls face.

"Ky, seriously, are you ok?" The girl asks again.

"I said I'm fine!" Kylo snaps. Rhy flinches and bows her head.

"Apologies," she says cooly. Remorse floods Kylo's face.

"Rhy..." Kylo says, but Rhy ignores him and exits the ship. Kylo watches as she confidently walks into the caves. She is gone only 15 minutes before Kylo sees her walking towards the ship, a kyber crystal hidden in the palm of her fist. "Congratulations," Kylo says as she enters the ship.

"Thank you," Rhy says dismissively. She sits in passenger seat and Kylo sits in the pilot's seat.

"Are you ready to build your saber?" He tries again.

"Yes," Rhy answers shortly. The rest of the trip is silent.

A/N: sorry it took a few weeks to post this chapter. I was on vacation but chapters should be coming more regularly now