THIRTY NINE

Rey spun around as she avoided blaster fire from the training droid. She flipped over a log before turning and stopping the droid.

"I was too slow," she tells Leia. Leia smiles at the woman.

"It will come with time," the princess turned general says kindly.

"It took Rhy no time to master the force," Rey whispers sadly.

"Your sister turned to the dark side of the force. It allowed her to reach her goals quickly but the cost was that she lost herself. You are using the light side of the force. Yes it is more challenging, but you remain in control of all your actions."

"She beat me in our fight. Then she refused to kill me but I ended up killing her."

"We don't know if she is dead, Rey. She may still live."

"There have been no whispers of a female sith. The First Order has been relatively silent even when we attack them. We know that they are under new leadership because I saw Snoke die but the only rumors about it speak of an Emperor."

"Do not give up hope, Rey. Your sister may still live." Rey sighs.

"Fine." Leia and Rey walk silenetly back to the Resistance camp. Finn rushes up to the two women and grins widely.

"We just got away with the biggest attack yet!" He tells them excitedly. "We just took down a supply ship!"

Rey smiles back at the man, but Leia pauses.

"Who was it supplying?"

"Don't know. It was just a large supply ship headed to Abelor. We have ships waiting to blockade if anymore try to enter the planet." Leia nods slowly, a frown forming on her lips.

"Something is not right," she says softly. No one pays her any attention.

~~~

Ver pilots her small upsilon-command shuttle. She flies directly next to the large supply ship. TIE Fighters surround the ship as well.

"In formation," Ver orders. "I want that ship to land safely at the planet's surface. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Empress," troopers echo over the comms.

"Stay alert, troops. I have a bad feeling about this." Seconds later the small First Order fleet is surrounded by a much larger Resistance fleet. Ver groans. "Don't attack first. We will remain peaceful unless provocted."

Then the Resistance opened fire and the First Order ships began to fall from the sky. Ver yells out in frustration before she too attacks.

Ver brings down ship after ship. Her stellar flying mirrored that of the late Anakin Skywalker. She took nearly all the attacking ships down single handedly. But the cost was her ships. Only Ver's ship, The Queen, and the supply ship remained. However the supply ship had taken a hit.

"No!" Ver cried out as it began to fall. She reached for it with the force and struggled to keep it afloat. Thats when the few remaining Resistance ships fired. The wing of The Queen was shot off and both Ver's ship and the supply ship went down.

~~~

Rey and all the other generals of the Resistance meet in a tent. They are watching a video that was just transmitted to the base. The video depicts The Queen destroying nearly all the Resistance fleet in the atmosphere of Abelor.

"Who is that?" A general asks. Rey frowns as she watches. The force swirls around her, informing her of the truth,

"My sister, Rhy. She lives," Rey answers softly. The generals around Rey erupt in questions but Leia silences them.

"When Rey joined the Reistance, Kylo Ren went to her home planet of Jakku and stole her sister, Rhy, away. He corrupted her and turned her into the sith, Ver Loren." The generals inhale sharply. "You all know the middle of the story- all that Rhy has done as Ver against the Resistance. But you may not know what happened on The Supremacy. While we were all running from the First Order, Rey was attempting to rescue her younger sister. Rhy was close to returning with us, so close, but things happened. Now we have reason to believe that the First Order is under the control of an Emperor and Empress- Kylo Ren and Ver Loren. Any questions?" Leia does not wait for answers. "None? Good. Let's move on."

Rey breathes a sigh of relief. But then she remembers how her sister's ship was shot down and fear fills her thoughts once more.

"What is the large ship that was shot down with The Queen?" A female general asks.

"My report says a supply ship," another general answers.

"Who was the supplies for?" Leia asks. No one has an answer for the princess turned general.