THIRTY FIVE

"Sir, we have trapped the remaining members of the Resistance in an abandoned Rebel base. Hw shall we continue?" A trooper asks Kylo Ren. Kylo ponders this question for only a moment before answering.

"Prepare another ship. Its high time I snuff out the light of the Resistance once and for all." Kylo rises from his seated position at Ver's bedside. Ver rests peacefully in a bacta tank. He managed to get her off The Supremacy and onto a medical ship that was headed towards the planet's surface. To Kylo it was a no brainer- Ver's life or the lives of some of his troops? Ver comes before everyone.

"I understand, sir." The trooper stands at attention, scared to move and face the wrath of the sith in front of him.

"Then I want our best pilots and soldiers to be brought to this ship. While I am gone, I want Ver to be protected fully. If so much of a scratch is brought upon her beautiful bosy, there will be hell to pay." Kylo waves his hand to dismiss the poor soldier.

"Of course, sir!" The trooper says before racing away.

Kylo looks down at Ver and rests a hand on the outside of her tank.

"I will avenge you, my doll."

~~~

General Hux and Kylo Ren stand side by side in an ATAT. They stare at the large metal doors that separate the First Order from the remaining Resistance members.

"I want that door open now!" Kylo snaps. Hux nods impatiently as he glares at Kylo.

"And as I have said before, it is a process that we are working on. What is with you today? Your not normally... this angry." Kylo turns and glares at Hux.

"I will not tolerate this disrespect!" Hux flinches away. But he remains brave as he continues.

"The Supreme Leader will-"

"I am the Supreme Leader now. Snoke is dead and you shall respect my authority." Hux blinks in shock. Clearly that was not the answer he was expecting.

"Snoke is dead? You- you killed him?"

"No," Kylo barks. "Ver Loren did right before her backstabbing sister stabbed and nearly killed her!" Hux stares at Kylo in shock.

"Is Ver ok?" He asks quietly so that only Kylo could hear.

"Only time will tell," Kylo snaps back. "Now get the door open now!"

"Yes, Supreme Leader," Hux says unhappily. "Ready fire!" he orders. "Fire!"

The machines fire.

"Reload! Fire!"

The machines fire.

This continues for several minutes before a small hole finally forms in the door.

"Hold!" Hux yells. "In formation!" Soldiers start prepping to invade the base.

"Stop," Kylo says quietly. He squints towards the door as a figure appears in the gap.

"Hold!" Hux orders. The First Order waits as the figure gets nearer. Kylo scowls as he watches his former master approach.

"I want every ship to fire at that man," he seethes.

"It's only one man, why-" Hux begins.

"Now!" Kylo screams.

"Fire!" Hux orders. Every First Order ship fires upon Luke Skywalker for multiple minutes. "That's enough," Hux says softly. "That's enough!"

As the smoke and dust clears, Luke Skywalker faces Kylo Ren's ship. Kylo yells in frustration.

"If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself!" Kylo marches down the ramp and onto the white sandy ground. Each step he takes leaves behind red sand footprints. He then raises his saber and attacks.

~~~

Pain.

That's the first feeling that registers in Ver's mind.

Then betrayal.

That feeling hurts even more than the pain radiating from her side. She had saved her sister only for her sister to stab her.

Next came fear.

She was unable to open her eyes or even move. Ver was trapped within herself. Ver tried to scream but nothing happened.

Finally confusion.

Where was she? Where was Kylo? What are the words in her head? They were like a poem but Ver knew no poetry.

Kylo, she tried to call out. Ky!

But no sound exited her lips. And no answer came back.

That's when the panic set in.

Her mind raced as she tried to free herself from the cage that was herself. Once again nothing happened.

Failure-

That's what she was.

A failure.