SEVEN

A/N: I did change the spelling of Rye's name. It is now Rhy- still pronounced the same though :)

Maz stands silently behind Rey as she watches the woman process all that she had seen.

"What was that? I shouldn't have gone in there," Rey matters more to herself than Maz.

"That lightsaber was Luke's. And his father's before him and now, it calls to you!" Rey stands, fast, still overwhelmed, emotional, and speechless.

"I have to get back to Jakku," Rey mutters. Maz shakes her head.

"Han told me. You can't let your sister hold you back, Rey. You are destined for great things. I have seen it in the stars," Maz says, holding Rey's hands tightly. But Rey just shakes her head. "The belonging you seek is not behind you. It is ahead. I am no Jedi, but I know the Force. It moves through and surrounds every living thing. Close your eyes. Feel it. The light. It's always been there. It will guide you. The saber. Take it." Rey shakes her head.

" I'm never touching that again. I don't want any part of this." Rey sprints past Maz and out of the building. She runs into the woods, trying to escape her past and future. Unbeknownst to her, the First Order was nearly at the peaceful planet.

~~~

Rhy wanted more of a challenge. The rush she received from the force excited her.

Growing up, Rhy had never been adventurous. She was always well behaved never once venturing out into the sand dunes. In her 12 years on Jakku, Rhy had only ever been to the outpost and her home. Rey had explored but never Rhy. Rhy was the good child. She was tired of being the good one.

Rhy looks around the sparse training room, trying to find something else that she can make float. The walls are lined with dark cabinets. The far wall is entirely made of mirrors. But there iss nothing else. Rhy walks towards the cabinets and starts searching them for something she can use.

The cabinets are mostly empty. A few large ones contain sticks of all different sizes. Eventually Rhy searches the cabinet Kylo had opened earlier. Inside there are many random objects. Rhy sees the small velvet black bag from earlier and opens it. More red marbles are inside. Rhy smiles to herself as she pulls a few more out. She tosses them into the air and uses the force to make them float.

She struggles at first but uses the fear she felt earlier to fuel the force and the marbles start to float all around. Rhy spins happily as she makes the marbles move in fun ways around the room.

She could certainly get used to this feeling of power.

Suddenly the floor beneath her shakes violently. The marbles in the air fall and bounce around the floor. Rhy leans against the wall, struggling to keep her balance. Then Rhy feels it-

A feeling of terrible. The screams of billions echoes in her ears. She covers her ears with her hands, trying to block out the awful sounds. And then there is silence.

The only sound in the room are of the marbles rolling around and the heavy breathing coming from Rhy. She sinks to the floor and tears slip down her face.

Something terrible happened. Something evil that took away the feeling of power she had felt just moments ago.

~~

Rey stares at the sky as she sees planets be destroyed with a single shot. She feels the pain of those people and hears the whispers of their screams. Then she hears actually screaming. Rey turns quickly and sees fire coming from Maz's castle. Rey races towards the castle and sees First Order ships and troops attacking. BB-8 rolls up to Rey and beeps.

This is all about getting the droid, Rey realizes. Rey points towards the woods.

"Go!" She yells. "They can't get you." BB-8 pauses a moment before quickly rolling into the forest. Rey grabs the blaster Han gifted her and prepares to shoot it.

"Halt!" A nearby trooper yells. Rey turns and sprints into the forest, away from the direction B-8 went. Multiple troopers run after her. Rey fires randomly at them as she continues running.

"Rey," a deep voice calls out. While still running, Rey looks around, searching for who called for her. Suddenly she's unable to move a muscle. Kylo Ren walks slow but menacingly towards her. "Where's the droid, Rey?" Rey spits onto his helmet and Kylo lets out a dry laugh. He reaches towards Rey's face and begins to search her mind. "You've seen the map. The droid is no longer a priority. We have what we need," Kylo orders to a nearby soldier.

Rey struggles against his grip as Kylo taps her forehead and forces her to sleep.

"Your sister was harder to read," he mutters as he picks up the woman.