EIGHT

"You've been slacking," Kylo's cold voice invades Rhy's mind. Rhy struggles to her feet as Kylo stands before her, holding his helmet. Her face is stained with tears and her hair a mess from her hands running through it.

"I-I'm sorry," Rhy says softly, hanging her head. Kylo sets his helmet down and walks towards the girl. He gently lifts her chin and forces her to look at him. Rhy looks away, refusing to meet his eyes.

"Look at me, Rhy," Kylo says sternly. Rhy obeys.

"Did you feel it?" Rhy asks her voice just above a whisper. "What was it?"

"Lives," Kylo tells Rhy. "You felt the billions of lives lost today."

"Why?"

"Sometimes the destruction of one thing leads to the creation of greatness." Kylo could tell Rhy was still very confused. "The New Republic was the epitome of disorder. This galaxy requires order. It needs the leadership of Supreme Leader Snoke."

"But at the cost of all those lives?" Kylo looks sadly at Rhy.

"Nothing worth having comes without sacrifice. Those lives were not lost in vain," he assures the girl. She nods slowly. "Those who lost their lives will forever be remembered. I'll make sure of it," Kylo says.

"It was terrible," Rhy says, tears once again falling down her face. Kylo wipes them away.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that alone." Rhy nods. "Were you able control the marble?"

"I was able to control 9," Rhy tells him. Kylo looks impressed.

"And you've never trained before?" He asks skeptically.

"How could I? Jakku is a planet of nothing."

"And your sister? Did she ever train?" Searching her mind was not an option so he had to use different interrogation techniques. Normally Kylo would torture his targets but with Snoke wanting Rhy to be trained, Kylo was going to have to put on quite the show. Kylo needed information on Rey.

"Rey? Never. There wasn't much time for anything besides work during the day."

"Was Rey... resentful of that?" Rhy looked away from Kylo's face. But Kylo was not going to allow that to happen. He gripped her chin tightly and forced her to look at him. Rhy flinched at the rough movement.

"Well, yeah. She only stayed on Jakku because I believed our parents would return," Rhy said guiltily. "She didn't want to leave me. We were the only family each other had." Kylo nods.

"So you'd say she resented you and your inability to move on," Kylo pries.

"I guess you could say that," Rhy says defeated. Kylo loosens his grip on Rhy's chin and pulls away from her.

"Her loss," Kylo says with a shrug. "Now show me what you can do."

Rhy looks at the scattered marbles and reaches a hand towards them a little. She closes her eyes and harnesses the fear she felt earlier. The marbles rise slowly off the floor and Rhy moves them throughout the room. Rhy smiles as the power flows through her. Kylo notes it and decided to exploit it.

"You have a choice to make now, Rhy. I will respect whatever you chose. Your first option is to go home. I will personally fly you back to Jakku and leave you there, no harm done to you at all. But you have another choice, Rhy. I see the way your eyes light up when you use the Force. I see how you enjoy the power. I can teach you more. It won't be easy, I can promise you that. It will be hard but you will be made powerful. The world will fear you. You will rule it. But you will never go back to Jakku. You will have to give up on your hope for your parents, for Rey. You will join the First Order and help bring order to the galaxy. It's you choice."

Rhy stares blankly at Kylo, processing all that Kylo said. It came down to two things in her mind: power vs weakness.

To her, there was no choice.

All of Rhy's family had abandoned her. It was time that Rhy accepted that and moved on.

"Take all the time you need to think about it," Kylo says turning to leave.

"I'm in," Rhy says softly. Kylo turns and smiles evilly at the girl.

"Are you sure? There is no going back."

"I'm certain. I want to feel powerful. I want to be powerful," Rhy says her voice growing louder with each second. "Teach me, Kylo Ren, train me. Please." Kylo strides towards Rhy and leans down to whisper in her ear. His lips gently brush the rim of Rhy's ear and she shivers.

"I knew you would make the right choice, Rhy." He takes a step back and grabs his helmet. He puts it on before continuing. "I have some business to attend to." He walks towards the door and opens it. Five stormtroopers struggle to carry a large hunk of metal into the training room. "ST-2451 will take you to a room to change. When you return, I want you to make this hunk of metal float. Think you can do it?"

"I'd love to try." Kylo nods and leaves. ST-2451 takes Rhy to a grey bedroom. On the bed lay a tight black tunic. Rhy took a quick shower in the adjoining bathroom before dressing. Rhy puts her hair in her signature low bun and exits to return to the training room.

She walks slowly around the metal, examining it. Rhy stops and tries carefully to make it float. The metal shakes a little but doesn't get off the ground. Rhy continues this for a half hour before she angrily throws her hands in the air.

Anger.

Last time Rhy used the emotion of fear to make the marble float. What if this time she uses anger? Rhy uses the emotion and the metal gets a mere millimeter off the ground. Rhy smiles and continues her plan. On the third attempt Rhy gets it to rise off the ground.

"Well done, Rhy," Kylo says from behind her. "I'm impressed. I thought it would take you at least another half hour. How did you do it?"

"When you threatened me, I was scared. I used the fear I felt to lift the marble. When I was trying to lift the metal, I got angry. I used that anger and it was much easier."

"Anger is the best emotion you can use. It can always be made available and it is never ending. Anger should be your go-to emotion." Rhy nods. "Now then, lets start working on lightsaber technique. We'll start with footwork." Rhy copies Kylo's motions and begins her first real training lesson.