TWENTY NINE

Ver studied nonstop for three days before bringing General Hux back to her. He entered the room and groaned as he came back to his senses.

"Was that truly necessary?"

"Yes. 100%," Ver grins at the general and Hux glances at her clearly tired face.

"So I suppose you would like to go now?"

"Yes. Of course. Why else would you be here?" Hux rolls his eyes but gestures for Ver to follow him. Ver follows silently. The only sounds in the halls are the clicking of Ver's heels. Any trooper in the nearby area knew to avoid the person who made that sound so Hux and Ver saw no one.

Hux leads Ver far from anywhere on the ship she had ever been before. He leads her into a conference room where about a dozen men and women sit. They all rush to stand as the girl enters the room.

"So you are the best engineers the First Order has to offer?" Ver questions the scared engineers.

"Yes, ma'am," a woman responds bravely. Ver nods. She adjusts her mask on her face before sitting at the head of the long table.

"Wonderful. Let's get started shall we?" No one moves. "Sit," she orders. "We have much to discuss."

General Hux starts to slip towards the door but Ver slams the door shut with the force.

"You weren't planning to leave us were you, General?" She asks with a sugar sweet smile on her face. "We are just getting started." Hux's face grows red with anger.

"I have much to get done today, Ver Loren," he snaps. Ver smirks.

"It can all wait, my dear General. Come, sit with us." A few engineers chuckle quietly at Ver's treatment of the hated general. Hux always acted as if he was better than the engineers in the room and they loved to see Ver put him in his place. "Now then, let's begin. So I have been tasked with-"

"They do not have the clearance to know your missions," Hux interrupts. Ver waves him off.

"I'm giving them clearance. Any other concerns?" Hux stays silent. "Now then, I have been tasked with ending the Resistance. While I was searching for them, I realized it does not matter if I find them. Some of them will always escape into light speed. So lets track them so they can't escape." The engineers glance around at each other, confused at what Ver is saying.

"So you want us to track them in light speed?" A man asks. Ver grins.

"Exactly."

"I already informed her that it was not possible," General Hux states distastefully. "However she still insisted on this meeting."

"You see general, I don't believe anything is impossible," Ver says. "I think it is possible we just need to figure out how."

"General Hux is correct," another engineer says slowly. "Its not possible."

"But I think you are wrong. You see, I was reading up on how tractor beams work and I think with some modifications, it would be possible to track ships in light speed." The engineers glance at each other warily. This was not the first time an official had come in and insisted something was possible when it wasn't. Hux stands and dusts himself off.

"We are sorry for wasting your time," he says as he tries to end the meeting. Ver uses the force to make him sit again. She turns and glares at him.

"You are not going to speak again, do you understand?" She asks as she uses the force to silence him. Hux opens his mouth to speak but no sound exits. "Anyways, in order for the tractor beam to work, it has to track where the ship is, right?"

"Well, yes," a woman answers, looking at Ver like she was a complete idiot. "That is how that works..."

"Right so what if we made that tracker stronger and able to work from really far distances. Is that possible?"

"Yes..."

"Then what if we made it even stronger and able to track over light speed? Is that possible?"

"No," someone says. But another engineer speaks up.

"Theoretically yes but it would require a significant amount of power," she says.

"How much?"

"Star Killer Base amount but it would have to come from a tiny source so a sun would not work." Ver thinks for a minute before standing. She grabs her saber and lights it.

"This small?"

"Even smaller." Ver opens a small hatch on her lightsaber and pulls out her kyber crystal.

"Would something like this work?" She tosses the little crystal towards the woman. The woman examines it in her hands before nodding.

"I think this could work." Ver pulls the crystal back to her with the force.

"I can get you one in a few days. You are leading point on this assignment. Do not fail me. I have little patience for failure." The woman nods quickly.

"Of course, Ver Loren. I will not fail." Ver stands and allows Hux to follow her out. She removes her hold on Hux and allows him to speak. Hux rubs his jaw before yelling angrily at the girl.

"Why in the universe did I have to sit through that meeting?" He screams in Ver's face. Little bits of spit fly ont Ver's face. Ver wipes them off before looking up at the angry man.

"Because I said so. You needed to remember your place, dear general. Don't forget it again." Hux stomps off angrily as Ver smiles to herself.

She was one step closer to ending her weakness.

---

I kinda wanted to show Ver being smart and like a genius because I feel like she really is. 

What do you think of the chapter?

What do you want to see in the coming chapteres/story?