THIRTY TWO

Rey sprints out of the caves and towards the small camp. She grabs her saber from her little hut and starts to run towards the Millennium Falcon that resides on the beach below.

"Where are you going?" Luke asks as he walks into the camp with buckets of milk.

"Rhy's in trouble. I have to save her." Luke looks doubtful at Rey's words.

"How do you know she isn't tricking you?"

"I don't," Rey whispers. "But if there is the slightest chance of her joining the light side, I have to help her." Luke nods. Just then a wave of pain is felt by the two of them through the force. Rey flinches.

"This is goodbye then." Rey chuckles.

"I will return with her. You'll see." Luke nods and walks away as Rey runs down to the beach.

Hours later Rey pilots the Millenium Falcon to the Supremacy. She flies carefully and lands the ship on the side of the super star destroyer. She cuts a careful hole into the side and she reaches out for her sister. She hears a scream through the force as she sprints down the halls. Minutes pass slowly for Rey as she continues running.

If Rey had been on top of her game, she would have noticed that there wasn't a single stormtrooper in sight but clearly the elder sister was not. Rey finally stops in front of a cell door. A blood piercing scream escapes the room as Rey punches the open button of the door.

She lights her saber as she enters the cell. Before her, Rhy is bloody and strapped to the interrogation chair. Before her Kylo Ren stands with a knife. He lets go of it and it clatters to the ground.

"Nice of you to join us, Rey. Have you finally come to your senses?" Kylo asks. Rey scoffs.

"I will never join you. Now let my sister go- I will not ask twice," Rey snaps back. Kylo laughs, he pulls his helmet off and tosses it to the groan. Rhy groans next to him. Suddenly the door behind Rey slams shut. Rey looks at it confused before turning back to Kylo.

"You know, this worked better than I thought. I doubted Ver but clearly I was wrong." Rey looks towards her bleeding sister, confusion evident on her face.

"What is he talking about, Rhy?" Rhy looks up sadly at her sister.

"I am so sorry, Rey. I wish there was another way." A tear slips down the younger girls beaten face as she releases her shackles. She stands shakily and draws her own red saber. "But this family will end in death. Neither of us can thrive while the other survives. We are each others weakness. I can not allow that to continue.

I must take a stand. I must end this cycle. I want you to know I love you and unfortunately I feel I always will. You were the only family I had for years but I can not use you as a crutch any longer. I must forge my own path, one that is not intertwined with yours."

"Rhy... you don't have to do this."

"My name is Ver, sister. I am Ver Loren."

"Rhy... please," Rey begs her sister as she glances around the small cell, looking for a way to escape.

"I knew you would come. I knew if you thought I was in trouble you would come. But it had to be believable. You had to feel my pain through the force."

"That's where I came in," Kylo says cruelly. "Perhaps I should have pursued a career in the arts. My acting was on point," he says with a chuckle. Ver does not laugh.

"I wish things were different," Ver whispers. A tear slips down her beaten face. Kylo lays his hand on Ver's shoulder and heals her most dire injuries. The girl's face relaxes she smiles at the man next to her. "Thank you, Ky." Kylo nods, it is clear he is a little weaker than he was minutes ago. Sweat slips down his face as he backs away.

"Anything for you, darling." Ver grins.

"Now then, Rey hand over your weapon and I promise to make your death painless."

"I will never submit to you," Rey says angrily. She raises her saber back in preparation to fight. Kylo glances around the small cell.

"Perhaps we should take this elsewhere," he suggests. Ver sighs.

"I suppose you are correct. Throne room?" She asks Kylo and he nods in response. She clicks the button on her saber and it disappears into her hilt. "I will not attack until we have moved to a safer location. Do you agree to these terms?"

Rey thinks for a minute. Realizing it is her best chance of escape, she nods.

"Ok, but I will not be putting my saber away." Ver nods.

"That is reasonable." Kylo walks out first and Ver and Rey walk side by side.

Rey glances out of the corner of her eye. The girl next to her was no longer her sister. She was something different, something dark.

She was a monster and it was time she was put out of her misery.

---

I'm sorry its taken so long to publish. I've had writers block combined with a busy schedule. Not the best combination if I do say so LOL. Anyways, hope you enjoy!