FOURTEEN

Rey sits at Finn's bedside. Machines are attached to the man.

"I have to leave," Rey whispers as she holds Finn's hand. Tears fall down her face. "I have to know the truth about my sister. She was good, kind. I won't- I can't believe that she would have turned to the darkside. I have to know the truth. Kylo is a bad man. He could easily be lying to me about her but... something nags at me, telling me it is the truth.

I have to know if my sister truly is dead or if she managed to survive. I have to know is she can be saved. She is my sister, no matter what. I haven't always been there for her, I realize that now. But I swear that if she is alive I will save her. The sister I knew was selfless and kind. She was helpful and hopeful. I resented her for the hope she held for our parents. I regret it all. Every single negative comment I made to her.

I regret the last words I said to her. I yelled at her to move on. I told her our parents weren't coming back. Then I left. I can only imagine how she felt. Rhy must have felt betrayed and felt that I would never return. She didn't hear me telling her I would. She didn't know I would never leave her. I will never leave her.

If she dies, her death is my fault but it is also Kylo Ren's. I will kill him if she is dead. But if she lives, if Rhy lives, I will save her. I swear I will never leave my little sister. But that means I have to leave. I have to return to Jakku. I'm sorry. I wish I coils wait for you to wake." Rey stands and gently sets Finn's hand back on the bed. She wipes her tears away and gently kisses Finn's forehead.

"R2D2 has discovered the location of my brother," Leia says from behind Rey.

"Luke?' Rey asks, breathlessly.

"Indeed. He can train you, Rey." Rey looks conflicted.

"I can't," she tells the general. Leia sighs.

"I heard all you said. Your sister is not your fault just as Ben is not mine."

"Ben?"

"Kylo Ren, Han and my son," Leia supplies.

"Oh... General-"

"We can not blame ourselves for their failures. We can only save them. Rey, find Luke. He can train you so that you can bring them home. Bring our families home, Rey." Rey looks into Leia's eyes, determined.

"Ok. But first I need to go to Jakku. I have to know what happened. Rhy is alive- she has to be."

"Close your eyes. Call to the force and feel for her. The force is like a string that attaches every living thing in the universe. If Rhy is alive you will be able to sense her. You won't know where she is but you will know if she lives. Try it."

Rey does as instructed. With her eyes closed, she reaches out. Her mind is brought to a new realm. The blue, shimmery image of trillions of beings appear. They are all connected by a thing blue line. It was a web of everyone in the universe. Rey is led past billions of the people before she is stopped in front of the image of a girl.

"Rhy," she mutters, finding her sister. The girl turns and looks straight at her, and scowls. "Rhy!" Rey calls to her. The shimmery blue image of Rhy simply turns around. Rey is yanked back into reality, the entire blue and black world disappearing around her. She stumbles and is caught by Leia.

"Is she alive?" Leia asks quietly.

"She saw me," Rey sobs in the older woman's arms.

"That- that's not possible," Leia mutters. Rey doesn't hear her over her sobs.

"She hates me!"

"Then you must save her. Save our families, Rey."

~~~

"Rhy..." a voice calls out. Rhy turns around quickly scanning for whoever called to her. She stands in the new training room on the super star destroyer. She tugs gently at the bottom her tight, black, long sleeve shirt, pulling it just past her belly button.

"Stay focused," Kylo snaps from across the room. Rhy ignores him. She calls to the force and looks straight ahead. With the extra help she sees the person she hates most in the universe. A scowl forms on the girl's face. "Rhy!" Rey calls again. She looks absolutely heartbroken. The tiniest smirk forms on Rhy's face as she turns her back on the person she always called home.

Smack!

Rhy lets out at groan as a stick (about the size of a lightsaber) makes contact with the exposed skin on her midriff. Rhy doubles over and gasps for air.

"Focus, Rhy!" Kylo snaps backing away. Rhy shakes off the odd experience from moments before and lifts her own stick into fighting position. "If you can not stop me with a stick what makes you think you can

"My apologies, Master." Kylo smirked at the girl in front of him. She returns his smile.

"Don't let it happen again."

"Of course."