THIRTY

"Rhy, why won't you tell me who our parents were?" Rey asks as she looks helplessly at her younger sister. For weeks now she has been pestering Ver in hopes of learning the truth. "I deserve to know."

"I already informed you that they were weak, good-for-nothing, nobodies."

"But you said I have the good of out father," Rey pesters. "Good does not mean weak." Ver scoffs.

"Doesn't it though? Good means you care for others. Caring for others is a weakness, a weakness I can not afford to have."

"What about Kylo or me? I know you care about us."

"Kylo Ren understands my purpose. You will be disposed of soon enough," Ver says in an icy tone. Rey flinches away.

"You don't mean that."

"Don't I? There is only one way for us to be together now, Rey. Join me. Join us. The First Order will bring order to the galaxy. We will restore it to what it once was."

"There are other options, Rhy." Ver looks at Rey, no emotion betrays her face as she speaks in a monotonous voice.

"You either join me or this ends with one of us dead. There is no other option. I will not be weak ever again."

"Then this family will end in death," Rey whispers, a tear slips down her cheek.

"Just like it began," Ver finishes.

~~~

"Do not make me harm you," Ver orders a family. The young children cling to their mother as they cry.

A month has now passed since Snoke first gave her the assignment, It took Ver weeks to finally track down the family of a man who's name was mentioned once in the many files she was given. This was Ver's only lead and she was not going to lose it.

"Please," the mother sobs. "We don't know anything." Ver laughs cruelly.

"But the force says differently. It says you are lying. Are you lying to me?" Ver questions angrily.

"No!" The woman sobs. Ver lights her saber as she steps towards the family.

"I don't enjoy hurting children," she says softly, her voice still mean. "Don't make me." Ver holds the saber against on of the small children clinging to the mother's leg. "Where your husband at? Where is the resistance base?I will not ask again."

"D'Qar!" The mother finally yells out. "My husband is on D'Qar!" Ver steps back and puts her saber away.

"That wasn't so hard, now was it?" Ver starts to walk away before she turns nack to the family. "Love truly is a weakness," she scoffs.

"Love is why we fight," the mother answers. Ver then proceeds to wipe the minds of the family from ever remembering her visit. She was going to take every precaution she could to prevent the Resistance from knowing of her arrival and she was going to use all the resources available to her.

Ver boards her ship and immediately contacts the engineers on the Supremacy. She informs them they have three days left to finish the light speed tracker. Then she contacts a man she has had little contact with since she last saw him. Snoke's orders of course.

"Doll?" Kylo asks, hope can be heard in his voice as he answers. A smile is across his face as he holds his helmet at his side.

"Hey, Ky," Ver says softly as she tosses her mask to the side. A smile paints her face. "I've missed you."

"As have I," Kylo responds. "Are you ok? It's been so long since we spoke."

"Yeah. Don't worry about me, Ky." Ver sinks into her seat as she smiles brightly just from the conversation so far.

"I will always worry about you, doll, even when you are right next to me." Ver laughs and Ky's heart flutters at the sound.

"I can take care of myself, you know."

"I know you can, doll. Don't forget who trained you."

"Then why do you worry?" Ver asks. The girl just does not understand Kylo's reasoning.

"You're young. I worry you could... easily be led astray," Ky carefully says. Ver frowns.

"So you don't trust me?"

"That's not is at all," the man says quickly. "I just think you can get confused about what you want."

"I want you," Ver says quietly. Kylo grins in the hologram as he looks at the girl.

"And I want you. But why have you not contacted me then?" Ver sighs. She knows she left Kylo's many calls go unanswered.

"The Supreme Leader thought it best I not get distracted." Kylo scowls.

"I don't believe he wants us together."

"Supreme Leader Snoke worries we will repeat the mistakes of our grandfathers." Kylo looks at Ver with surprise.

"He knows who your family is?"

"Yes," Ver says. "He told me of my story but he did not tell me yours. What mistakes did your grandfather make? Is he referring to your grandfather's death?"

"In part. He is probably also referring to my grandmother. My grandfather lost sight of his goals and she was caught in the crossfire. He lost the love of his life. My grandfather lost sight of his goals only one other time when he saved my uncle and it cost him his life."

"Oh," Ver says quietly. Ky nods.

"Now what did the Supreme Leader tell you of your family?"

"My family is powerful," Ver says softly. "My grandfather was Emperor Palpatine. His power flows within me as does his blood. His legacy will soon be mine."

Kylo takes a minute to process Ver's words before a grin spreads across his face.

"Our families have been intertwined for generations," he finally says. "It's time we finish out grandfather's battles, don't you think?"

"I agree completely. That is why I am going to need you to return to the Supremacy." Kylo's face once again falls.

"Is this an order from Snoke?" He asks cooly.

"It is an order from me. I have tracked down the Resistance base and I'll need your help with part if it as well as I want you there when I finally end them." Kylo scowls when Ver says the order is from her.

"I'll be there, doll." Ver grins widely. "Have you talked with Rey recently?"

"Two days ago when we finally came to an agreement."

"Which was," Ky prompts.

"Our family will end in death. Once you arrive, I will begin to exploit that." Ver gives Ky an evil smirk. "The Resistance must die and Rey along with it."

"I'm glad we are on the same page, doll."

"Please hurry on finishing your mission, Ky. I am antsy to end them."

"Of course, doll. I will always be there for you."

"Always," Ver echoes quietly as she ends the call.