FOURTY FOUR

Over the course of two years, Ver and Kylo were relentless in their search for the map to the Secrets of the Sith. They found piece after piece of it.

Ver had come a long way since her days on Jakku. She wasn't that 17 year old girl who was easily manipulated. Ver was a 20 year old Empress who loved her people. She loved having the power and responsibility to protect them but she also loved ending those who stood against her.

Her sister had once stood against her but she had disappeared two years ago along with all the whispers of the Resistance. Ver hadn't thought twice about it. She figured her sister had taken her warning. The Resistance was barely anything after they were nearly all destroyed at the abandoned rebel base.

And in all honesty, Ver was tired of caring and getting hurt because of it. Caring sucked the life out of her and so she just didn't care for anyone any longer. Well except for Kylo Ren.

Her and Kylo had found everypiece of the map except one. That piece was on Mustafar, the home of Darth Vader's palace.

Ver grinned as she looked over at Kylo. He was striking down local resistance on the fiery planet. Ver spun around and kicked a local down before stabbing them with her saber. Ver breaths in deeply as she searchs the area for the final piece of the puzzle. A calmness floods her senses. Ver opens her eyes and a devilish grin spreads across her face.

"Ky, I've found it," she whispers. Kylo, across the field of bodies, hears her and smiles.

"Go get it, doll," he calls out. Ver blows him a kiss as she leaves to find it.

Hours later Ver holds the final data puzzle. She floats above the field of blood and bodies as she allows the force to form the small pyramid of black and red stone. The air around her is filled with the blue light emmited from the map. Kylo stands several feet away from her and smiles.

"You did it, doll. I am so proud of you."

"It's time to save this galaxy, Empress."

"As long as you stand by my side, Emperor," Ver counters.

"Always, doll. Always."

~~~

Ver and Kylo leave General Hux in charge of the First Order as they embark on their quest to find the Secrets of the Sith. Hux had been left in charge of the Order for short stints but never for an indefinite amount of time like this would be.

Ver expertly pilots her ship, the Queen, through the meteor field surrounding Korriban. Kylo maintains a death grip on his seat as he clenches his teeth.

"It's not that I don't trust you, doll, it's just that you are flying very close to those meteors." Ver laughs happily.

"Life is only fun if you live a little, Ky. You taught me that."

"And I am greatly regretting that decision. Perhaps I should have left you on Jakku." Ver looks away from her flying and fakes a glare at the man.

"It was the best decision of your life and you know it." Kylo laughs nervously.

"Doll, please keep your eyes on the meteors."

Ver blows him a kiss and closes her eyes. She allows the force to guide her path while Kylo begs for the woman to open her eyes. Eventually Ver concedes. She pilots her ship to the surface where a large pyramid of black and red stone awaits. It is identical to that of the map just on a much larger scale.

The Queen is landed before the entrance and Ver and Kylo exit it. Nervously Ver exits and Kylo trails after her.

"The sith have no room for fear," Ver mumbles to herself. Kylo reaches over and squeezes Ver's hand.

"To our future and the future of the galaxy," Kylo states. Ver squeezes his hand in return and walks forward. She drops Kylo's hand as she does so. The man glances down at his empty hand before following his Empress.

The two's footsteps echo as they walk into the empty temple.

"At last..." a voice calls out with quiet malice. "Snoke has trained you well... both of you." Ver sneers.

"I killed Snoke. I will kill you as well." The voice laughs cruelly as Kylo and Ver continue into the temple.

"You killed Snoke in a moment of weakness. But he was weak, only coming out of the shadows once what he feared was much dead. He called for me, from the unknown regions I heard him. I felt him. Just as I felt and heard you, Ver Loren." A cold shiver runs through Ver. Kylo walks next to her rigid with his hand on his light saber.

They walk up a flight of stairs together. Tanks of a mysterious yellow liquid stand around. Lightning has started to appear. Illuminating the room in short bursts of blue. A large mechanical arm reaches down to the ground.

"He didn't even notice my manipulation. He was so stubborn that he refused to even acknowledge the thought of me having survived. But alas... I silently guided him from the dark. Just as I have guided you, Kylo Ren."

"Why shouldn't we kill you?" Ver spits out angrily.

"Now now, Ver. That is no way to speak to family." A lighting bolt illuminates the area, and Emperor Palpatine comes to view. "I can help you two to achieve your goals. You want peace? That never comes without war and I know how to win wars."

"What do you want?" Kylo asks, cautiously.

"I think it is time for a Palpatine family reunion, don't you, dear granddaughter?"

---

Who wants a family reunion? I know I do :)