FIFTEEN

Two months after the destruction of Star Killer base, Rhy and Kylo train in the Supreme Leader's throne room. Rhy flips over Kylo's head and attempts to hit him with her stick. He effortlessly blocks and kicks her back. Her feet skid back and she gasps for air. Rhy cracks her neck and lunges forward once more. Kylo actually has to try to block the attack. He then goes on the offensive and Rhy blocks his hits. Kylo nearly lands a hit on Rhy's feet but Rhy blocks it. Instead he elbows her in the face. Rhy stumbles backwards as blood falls from her nose. She gingerly holds it.

"You broke my nose," she snarls at Kylo. Kylo lets out a cruel laugh.

"My bad, doll." The smirk on Kylo's face tells Rhy all she needs to know.

"You did that on purpose."

"Perhaps I did." Rhy attacks once more. She lets the force guide her movements.

The two sticks smack against each other until Rhy sees the opening she was looking for. Lunging forward, Rhy goes to hit Kylo's side. Just before she makes contact, Kylo sweeps her legs out from under her. Rhy's head slams into the ground and her ears ring. It takes Kylo only a moment to realize that she is actually injured. He quickly drops to a knee beside her and helps her sit up.

"Are you ok?" He says softly. He uses his sleeve to wipe away some of the blood on her face.

"Just peachy," Rhy says, forcing a smile on her face. She lost, again. Kylo helps her to her feet and she sways slightly. Kylo pulls her into his side to help her balance.

"The best defense is an unbeatable offense," Kylo teases.

"Haha. Very funny. I almost had you."

"I left my right side open on purpose," Kylo responds.

"Liar." Kylo smirks. He opens his mouth to respond but Snoke cuts him off. The Supreme Leader claps very slowly.

"Well done, Rhy," he drawls out. "I am truly impressed. I think it might be time for you to get a light saber." Rhy smiles brightly. The sight however is terrifying due to all the blood.

"Really?" She asks, excitedly. She tries to clap but she stumbles slightly, losing her balance. Kylo grips her tightly.

"I am one of my word. You have made considerable progress in the last months and I hope to see more in those coming." Rhy nods happily. "The crystals will be ready to harvest in a months time. Kylo will take you then."

"Thank you, Supreme Leader."

"Do not let me down, child." Rhy nods. Kylo helps Rhy to leave the throne room and into the elevator. Rhy steps back from Kylo and leans against the railing.

"Are sure you are ok?" Kylo asks as Rhy sways slightly.

"Yeah. I've been worse," she answers with a smile.

"Let me heal you?" Kylo asks although it sounds a little like begging.

"Ky, I'm fine," Rhy says.

"For my own sanity then, let me help you to your room." Rhy rolls her eyes. Kylo takes a swift step forward and grabs her chin, forcing her to look at him. "Don't disrespect me, doll."

"Sorry," Rhy mumbles, dropping her gaze. The elevator dings and Kylo helps the injured girl to her room.

"If you need help, call for me. I won't be leaving for a mission until tomorrow morning." Kylo turns and heads out.

"Thank you, Ky," Rhy whispers. Kylo pauses for a moment then continues out of the room. A small smile forms on Rhy's face even as her head aches. She walks slowly towards her bed and lays down on it. Breathing slowly, she smiles as she thinks of Kylo's kindness. Her eyes close and the girl drifts off to sleep.

~~~

Rey pilots the Millennium Falcon out of yet another solar system. Chewie whines and Rey sighs.

"He's got to be on one of these planets, Chewie. This can't be for nothing," Rey says.

R2D2 beeps behind her.

"Yes, R2. I know he left you this map but we've already searched dozens of solar systems. There is only so many left on the map."

R2 beeps once more.

"Look, I'm going to go rest. I've been flying for two days straight." Rey enters her cabin and sits on her bed. "This can't all be for nothing," Rey complains.

Back on the Star Destroyer, Rhy awakes from her nap. Her head still aches but the blood from her injuries have long since stopped flowing. She groans stumbles to her feet. She sways slightly as she walks, but manages to make it to the bathroom. She starts to pull off her top when she feels a shift in the force.

"What are you doing here, Rey?" Rhy asks coldly. Behind her Rey stands as an astro projection.

"You have no more control over," she gestures around her, "this than me. I will say I am happy we have the chance to talk again. I haven't seen you since our last on of these a month ago."

"It was a nice month," Rhy responds, her voice colder than the ice planet Hoth. She turns and glares at her sister and Rey gasps.

"What happened? Are you ok?" Rey asks. She stares at the dried blood on the younger girl's face.

"Like you care," Rhy snaps.

"I do though! You are my little sister! I will always care about you!"

"Lying doesn't look good on you, sister."

"Rhy, you're going down a dark path! Just look in the mirror! You are bloody and bruised!"

"Power comes at a price." Rey looks heartbroken at her sister.

"Come home, Rhy. Please... before it is too late," Rey begs. Rhy pauses a moment as if thinking about what Rey said.

"Where should I go?" She asks quietly.

"Go to the Resistance Base at D- wait..." Rhy smirks coldly at the sad woman.

"It was worth a try, wasn't it?" Rhy taunts.

"Rhy... this isn't you. Please..."

"Go away," Rhy says turning around. She grabs a wash clothe and wets it with the sink before starting to clean off her face.

"No. Talk to me, Rhy. Explain it to me."

"Go away," Rhy says again.

"No."

"I said go away!" Rhy yells, turning around. She faces her sister with pure anger radiating from her body. Rey steps forward with determination.

"Rhy you are my sister! I am not going anywhere!"

"You have before, just do it again." Rey visibly flinches at the cruel words.

"I was always going to return!" Rey yells.

"You tried to kill me!"

"I didn't know you were on Star Killer!"

"I nearly died! If it weren't for the First Order, I would have been dead!"

"They are using you!"

"No! I am using them! I am gaining power! I will never be weak again!" Tears fall down Rey's face.

"You were never weak, Rhy. You were the best of us- kind, compassionate, selfless."

"And look where it got me! If I hadn't been able to resist Kylo on Jakku I would be dead! All because you left me." Rhy laughs cruelly. "So I guess its safe to say you nearly killed me twice. What a wonderful older sister you are!"

"I'm so sorry," Rey says softly.

"I don't care! Go away!" Rhy screams. With her words, she loses control of the force. Closing her eyes, Rhy embraces it and the mirror behind her shatters. "Go away!' She sobs. If Rhy had opened her eyes she would have seen that Rey was gone but Rhy was lost in her pain.

Strong arms pull Rhy into a warm body.

"It's ok, doll. Calm down," Kylo whispers. At his words, Rhy pulls the force back into her and clings to Kylo as she sobs.