TWENTY FOUR

Rey floats above a large rock on a cliff. Groaning, she floats down and steps onto solid ground.

"What happened?" Luke asks patiently.

"I can't see her," Rey says, frustrated. "It's been nearly four months of nothing. What if she really is gone?"

"Rey, we both know that is not true. Your sister is lost just like my nephew. Based on my research in the ancient jedi texts, my guess is that the connection you and your sister share is... let's say tangled. If Rhy is as lost as you believe, her life force is most likely changing. It's making it more challenging for your connection to occur but not impossible."

"So what do I do? I need to reach her."

"My guess is that you need to connect with who she is now. Do not fret. The force will guide you. It connected the two of you so it will guide you together again." Rey sighs.

"I know. I know. Trust the force," Rey says. Luke nods.

"Continue practicing your meditation."

Hours later Chewbacca enters the caves. He informs Rey that Poe needs to talk to her on the ship. Rey rushes down, fearing the worst.

"What's going on?" She asks anxiously in the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon.

"There was an attack at the base on Scarin," Poe's voice crackles over the comms.

"Oh no," Rey whispers. "How many?"

"27," Poe answers. "About half of the base managed to escape."

"Was it Finn?" Rey asks anxiously.

"What?" Poe asks confused.

"Did Finn die?"

"No. No."

"Then what is it?" Rey asks impatiently. Poe hesitates.

"The base was only attacked by two people- Kylo Ren and Ver Loren."

"Who is that?" Rey asks. She is more confused than before.

"She's a new player in the field. She only appeared about three months ago and has never been seen without Kylo. The two of them have taken over planet after planet with no mercy."

"Ok..." Rey questions.

"I met her today. She, Rey, she's your sister."

"What?" Rey gasps.

"Ver Loren is Rhy. We spoke shortly and Rey she's hurting. It didn't take much for me to be able to get her to reconsider her loyalties."

"She left the First Order?"

"Well, no. Kylo got to her before that could happen but this is good news! She was open to the idea. And Rey you should have seen her power. I know you said she couldn't control it before but the discipline and control she exhibited was insane. She held Kylo off without a second thought. Kylo Ren! If we could get her to join the Resistance, we could end this war once and for all."

Rey stands in shock for a minute. The force was coming naturally to her sister, something that could definitely not be said about Rey.

"Rey? You still there?" Poe's voice asks.

"Yeah. Yeah. Just thinking."

"There's one more thing- I think Rhy and Kylo Ren are... involved."

"Involved? No..."

"I saw them kissing. Rey... Rhy looked at Kylo like she loved him. If he wasn't there, I think she would have come with me. She's in deep but I think its possible to get her to join us." Rey nods slowly before realizing Poe can not see her.

"So there's hope?"

"Yeah. I think there is," Poe responds. Rey smiles to herself. The force had come through for her. Maybe this is what she needed to see her sister again.

~~~

Ver opens her eyes slowly. She blinks a few times, adjusting to the light above her. Sitting up, she glances at a very naked Kylo. Blushing as she remembers her night with him, Ver brushes a dark curl away from his face. She rises, taking sheets with her to cover herself, and enters the bathroom. She looks longingly into the mirror as she thinks of all Poe said the night before.

She was weak. She allowed Poe to easily manipulate her. She had questioned her loyalty to the First Order, that was unacceptable. She deserved to be punished by Kylo had simply forgiven her for her traitorous thoughts. She would not let it happen again.

But a small part of her begged her to reconsider her choices. Deep within her, she knew the First Order was not good. She knew all these people did not deserve to die but still she killed them for not obeying her. The power that came from it was thrilling but guilt also came to. For months she had easily been able to push it away but today she was feeling it all.

What if Poe was right? What if Rey really was going to come back for her? What if Kylo had actually taken her from her sister?

It didn't matter now. The past was in the past and was only there to fuel the future. Ver dropped the sheets and started the shower. Kylo was her family. As if he knew she was thinking of him, Kylo appeared in the doorway.

"I don't appreciate waking up alone," he says darkly. His eyes trail over her body as she rubs soap over her sore self.

"My apologies, master," Ver says in a teasing tone. "Can I make it up to you?"

"I suppose so," Kylo responds. His voice gives nothing away over the fear he feels. Yesterday he thought for sure that Ver was going to leave him. It terrified him how she had just pushed him away as if he was nothing. He had known she was growing stronger but never did he think that she was stronger than him. With the strength the two of them possessed, it wouldn't be long now that his plan could be completed. Soon he would be emperor and Ver would be his empress- equals.

A giggle from Ver took Kylo away from his thoughts.

"Are you coming in, Ky?" Kylo grins.

"How can I say no to an offer like that, doll?"

---

Today is my 1 year anniversary of writing stories on Wattpad! I hope you enjoy the new  cover! There will be another update so I will post that soon. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!