TWENTY

Rhy stares at the head on the ground. She knows it was wrong. She knows she should feel remorse. But she doesn't. She feels powerful. Sensing her sister, she turns and faces her.

"Enjoy the show," she says with a smirk. She watches her sister's heartbreak as she stumbles back. Rey disappears from view and Rhy glances down at her now red light saber before looking to the Supreme Leader. "I apologize for my insubordination." She wipes a drop of blood away from her face. "It will not happen again."

"Good. I will not tolerate disobedience anymore, child. This will be your final warning," Snoke warns. Rhy bows and exits the room quickly. Kylo stays behind. "She broke quickly."

"I did my work quickly," Kylo responds. Snoke nods, absentmindedly.

"But it wasn't the physical pain that broke her?" He reasons. Kylo nods curtly.

"With each cut I explained how weak she was, how... disappointing. Rhy responded much more to my words than the knife's cuts," he reports.

"Keep her on a tight leash. We can't have her running off now."

"I will not manipulate her," Kylo says angrily.

"Keep your anger in check!" Snoke snaps. He pauses. "You have feelings for her." Kylo does not respond. "Do not let it hold you back," is all the supreme leader says before dismissing Kylo.

In her room, Rhy starts removing her dirty clothes. She tosses them onto the floor before entering her bathroom. She starts the water in her shower before grabbing a towel. A calming feeling comes over her, and she looks towards the door where Kylo now stands.

"Are you just going to stand there?" Rhy asks the man. Kylo removes his mask and smirks at the girl.

"I'm quite enjoying the view, doll." Rhy laughs before flinching in pain. "You should have done as you were told, doll,"Kylo lectures.

"I know," Rhy whispers. She hangs her head.

"You deserved what you got."

"I know," Rhy says once more. Silence fills the bathroom for many minutes.

"You are wasting water," Kylo finally says. Rhy says nothing but gets in the shower. She washes the blood off of her arms slowly before moving towards her legs. "I don't like hurting you," Kylo says as he watches Rhy wash her hair.

"I know," Rhy repeats. She steps out of the shower and grabs her towel. She wraps it around herself and goes to walk by Kylo but he stops her.

"Look at me, doll," he says softly. Rhy looks up at him with tears in her eyes. He presses gently on one of the many cuts on Rhy's arm. Rhy hisses in pain.. The air around her seems to thicken as she unknowingly calls to the force. Kylo lifts her head higher with his hand under her chin. He bends down and kisses Rhy. Rhy moans as he thrusts his tongue into her mouth. He sends little bits of his life force into her, healing her cuts. He pulls back and presses a soft kiss to Rhy's forehead. Rhy gasps for breath as her confident smile returns to her face.

"I won't fail again," she vows.

"I know," Kylo says with a smile.

~~~

The Supreme Leader wastes no time before ordering Rhy to kill another. Rhy wastes no time in hesitation. She kills the human man without blinking. Then she kills a purple woman then a blue woman.

"Impressive, child. I am glad to see your hesitation is gone. There is only one step left," Snoke says. Rhy looks up at him. "As I am sure you are aware, Kylo was born as Ben. You were born as Rhy. Now you must pick a new name- a sith name." Rhy looks at him surprised. "I will give you until tomorrow."

"Thank you, Supreme Leader," Rhy says. She exits the throne room and heads towards the training room. Kylo watches her leave, worry fills his face under his helmet.

"Are you sure she is ready?" He asks Snoke.

"Are you questioning me?" Snoke asks calmly.

"Of course not, Supreme Leader. I am merely worried about Rhy. This is a big step for her."

"Do not underestimate what the girl is capable of."

"I do not estimate her. I worry for her. She is quite young to be dealing with such power."

"She is only a few years younger than you were."

"Two," Kylo says. "She is now two years younger than I was." He sighs. "I don want her to feel alone with all this pressure."

"Then help her," is all Snoke says.

Rhy practices her footwork in the training room. She gracefully flips as she practices with her new saber.

"Not now, Kylo," she says when the man enters. She spins as she twirls the saber. Kylo removes his helmet and walks towards the girl.

"Doll, talk to me." Rhy turns harshly on him, her saber is held to his neck.

"I said not now," she says coldly. Kylo puts his hands in the air in an act of surrender before taking a step back.

"Talk to me," Kylo orders.

"Ky, get out," Rhy snaps.

"Make me." Rhy wastes no time in attacking, her saber a blur of red light. Kylo just barely manages to defend himself from the assault.

"I hate you!" Rhy yells as she kicks Kylo back. "I hate that my parents abandoned me! I hate that I hate my sister! I hate that I was weak! I hate that I can't control my self! I hate how lost I feel!" With a swift leg sweep, Kylo ends up on the floor, his saber skids away. Tears fall from Rhy's face as she screams. She pulls her saber away from Kylo's neck and he rises slowly.

"Ok," he says.

"Ok?" Rhy asks angrily. "Ok?!"

"Yes," Kylo responds. "Is there something else you would rather I say?" Rhy shakes her head slowly. The two stand in silence for many minutes.

"I'm scared, Ky," Rhy finally says. "What if I'm not good enough? What if I am not strong enough? What if Rey is right? What if this isn't me?" Kylo steps forward and pulls Rhy into a hug.

"You are strong enough. You have more power than anyone on this ship. The true you is what feels right. Did it feel right when you were Rhy, the weak girl on Jakku?" Rhy shakes her head. "Now you get to choose who you are. You get to pick you name, your strength, your family. You have the choice. Who do you want to be?"

Rhy says nothing for the longest time. She just clings to Kylo and thinks. Finally she pulls back.

"We'll talk tonight, ok?" Kylo nods and leaves. Rhy follows soon after but goes to her room. She pulls out her datapad and begins her search for a name.

~~~

Rhy stands before the Supreme Leader. She wears her sith outfit. In her hands she holds a mask. It is solid gold but only covers half of her face.

"I want to be strong. I want to be brave. I want to be First Order," Rhy says confidently. All her doubt from earlier has disappeared.

"Have you decided on a name?" Snoke asks.

"Yes," Rhy responds. Kylo looks at her. Even through his mask, Rhy can tell he is smiling.

"And?" The Supreme Leader prompts.

"Ver Loren. I am Ver Loren."

---

Fun fact, verloren means lost in german

What do you want to see in Episode VIII? I'm always open to suggestions :)