THIRTY SIX

Kylo stared at the lightsaber in his hands an then back at the man it had just traveled through.

"How is this possible?" He asks. The old man smirks at him.

"You didn't think I'd teach you all my tricks did you, Ben?" Luke Skywalker drags his foot along the sand and no red dirt is kicked up. "Where is Rhy?" He asks gently. "She's just a girl, don't let yourself corrupt her."

"Ver is nearly dead," Kylo snaps. Luke looks at him in shock.

"What did you do?"

"Me? That's rich coming from you, Uncle. I am nothing like you. I would never try to kill someone I was teaching. I want the best for her.

No, it was your dear little Rey who felt it best to stab Ver. That's not very light side of the force if you ask me. But then again neither is attempting to kill your nephew.

I do wonder, though, how Rey will react when she learns the truth? How will the elder sister feel when she learns of her heritage? Will she join me just as Ver did?

You claim I corrupted Ver but I merely showed her the truth. I showed her how weak she was on Jakku. I showed her how to use the power the force gifted her. I taught her to harness her emotions into power. It's not my fault she found anger and fear to be the strongest. Then I gave her a choice.

I told her she could go home and noharm would come to her. Or she could stay and join the First Order where I would teach her everything I know. I thought she would take longer deciding but she made the decision in seconds. Tell me how I was corrupting her?

When she was questioning herself after an encounter with a Resistance leader, I did not push her to stay, I simply asked her what she wanted. Do not blame me because she chose the First Order.

Ver's loyalties were reaffirmed when Snoke told her the truth about her heritage. We can't escape blood, you more than anyone should understand that. How will Rey respond? Will she feel she can still be redeemed after nearly killing her sister? Only time will tell, Uncle."

The whole time Kylo spoke Luke did not move he stayed rooted in his spot as he listened carefully to each word said.

"You love her?" He finally deduced.

"Indeed," Kylo said with a smirk.

"And the Sumpreme Leader supports this? I can see how he might find it threatening to his reign." Kylo Ren just laughs.

"I am the Supreme Leader although I feel the name Emperor may fit better. If Ver is ever to wake, she will find herself my Empress. After all, it is in her blood."

"You killed Snoke?" Luke asks with shock.

"Ver did," Kylo states proudly. "And now we will rule side by side for all of eternity."

Minutes pass as the two stand in silence. Luke considers all that Kylo has said before he speaks softly.

"I am sorry, Ben. I let fear cloud my judgement. I should have led you to the light instead of shoved you in the dark. I am so so sorry. Come back to the light with me. Your mother misses you."

"My mother abandoned me years ago. She sent me away and forgot about me. I will not be forgotten!" Kylo screams as he tries to slice through Luke again and again.

"Find the light, Ben. Take Rhy with you if you wish but do not stay in the dark. No good ever comes from there." Luke fades slowly away and Kylo yells out in anger.

"Search the compound! I want every single resistance scum brought in for questioning!" Troopers exit the ships and swarm the compound. But not a single being is found. "No!" Kylo screams in anger.

~~~

Rey helps the last person into the Millenium Falcon. She looks sadly out onto the distance and quickly searches the force for her little sister. She receives no response. Tears slip down the elder sisters face as she closes the doors to the ship. All she could think was four words-

What have I done?