FORTY

Ver curses as she treks through the desert sand of Abelor. She had forgotten the feeling of sand on her skin. Boy did she hate sand. Growing up it was just a part of her life but after she left Jakku she didn't think about how coarse, rough, and irritating it was.

She kicks the sand in front of her and groans in frustration.

Ver curses as she treks through the desert planet of Abelor. She had forgotten the feeling of sand. Boy did she hate sand. Growing up it was just a part of her life but after she left Jakku she didn't think about how coarse, rough, and irritating it was.

Ver kicks the sand in front of her. The supply ship was destroyed. All the First Order ships, all the First Order lives were lost for nothing. And now Ver was alone in the desert of Abelor with no way to return home to Kylo.

Overhead Resistance ships fly in the sky and Ver dives down into the sand to avoid being detected. With a groan Ver stumbles to her feet. She spits sand out of her mouth and wipes the mixture of sweat and sand from her brow.

Frustration and anger fill her veins. They are familiar emotions for the young empress. But when the sadness comes, the girl is unsure of what to do. Tears fall down her sandy cheeks as every emotion she kept locked away exploded from her.

It was a beacon just as she had given off all those months ago.

But this one was stronger than before. This one was felt by all beings in the universe yet only a few knew what it was.

In fact only two people knew- Rey and Kylo.

Ver's past and Ver's present.

And now both knew where she was.

Her only hope was that Kylo reached her first.

Tears streamed down Ver's face and splashed onto the sandy ground. She kicked the sand in front once more then she screamed. The sand around her rose and swirled around her in a protective sphere.

~~~

Rey sat motionless in her meeting with the generals. Every person in the room had felt the force. Leia looked straight at Rey and Rey nodded. It was Rhy.

Rey jumped up from her seat and rushed out of the room. She searched the force desperate to find where her little sister was.

"Rey," Leia called out from behind her. Rey whipped around and faced the once princess. "The jedi and sith always believed they were gifted with powers from the force. I think Rhy was cursed. The force has always worked to balance the scales but for some reason it has allowed Rhy to have such power that few have had before her."

"Why are you telling me this?" Rey asks, confused.

"The force has allowed Rhy this power for something big. Just be careful until we know what," the general says carefully. Rey nods and turns to go but the force pulls her to look back at Leia. A sad smile rests on the older woman's face.

"It's ok, Rey. I understand you must go," Leia says kindly. "Go- save our families." With one last look, Rey rushed away and boarded a ship.

~~~

The second Kylo felt Ver, he ran for his ship. Ver had promised to return quickly from Abelor but when he heard the First Order ships were attacked, he anxiously awaited Ver's call. But it never came. Kylo knew she was still alive- he felt her presence. But when he felt her pain, her sadness he decided he would wait no longer.

He needed to find his love. He was going to rescue his empress.

---

I'm so sorry for not posting in awhile! Updates should be more regular now that summer is over :). Let me know what you think! Or anything you want to see!