EIGHTEEN

When Kylo lands the ship, Rhy stands to exit but Kylo grabs her and forces her to sit down again.

"What color is your kyber crystal?" He asks gently. Rhy scowls and looks away from him.

"Red," she snaps. Kylo smirks and lifts her chin so that the girl looks at him.

"I didn't take you for a liar, doll." Rhy looks at him surprised. "Mine was blue."

Rhy pauses for a moment. "Purple," she finally says as she opens her fist, revealing the the crystal. "It's purple... Why is it not red? Am I not a sith?" Rhy asks, her confidence wavering.

"After you make your saber and show it your embrace of the dark side, it will join you and become red."

"Oh. Cool," Rhy says, her voice becoming cold once more. Kylo sighs, realizing his actions on the planet earlier hurt the girl's feelings.

"I'm sorry for pulling away from you earlier, Rhy. I'm sorry for snapping at you. That planet, it brought back memories of my training when I was younger."

"With Snoke?"

"No. The first 10 years of my training was with my uncle."

"I didn't know your uncle was a sith!" Rhy exclaims. Kylo chuckles.

"He wasn't." Rhy looks at him with shock. "My uncle followed the ways of the jedi. When I was 10, my parents sent me to train with him. He was attempting to rebuild the Jedi Order. Over time, it became clear that I was stronger than everyone there, including him. My uncle kept pushing me to be perfect- any mistake I made was treated as if it had catastrophic consequences. But I was thriving. When I was 15, he took me and some of the other students to the caves. They all found their crystals fairly quickly but I couldn't find mine. Time was running out and in an act of desperation and recklessness, I used the force with such power that all the caves shook. But it lead me to my crystal. I made it out of the caves just in time. All my friends congratulated me but my uncle was cold. As I got on the ship, I heard him mutter something about how my power needed to be stopped. I thought it odd but I didn't think much of it. I was an arrogant teenage boy who thought nothing could hurt me. However, I did keep a closer eye on my uncle after that. Years later, he came for me. I was asleep in my room when I awoke to him standing over my bed, his lightsaber drawn. I managed to fight him off with the help of my friends. But I wasn't done. For years I had suppressed my anger, my evil, but no longer. We destroyed everything and everyone in our path. Snoke found us shortly after. He saw my potential and gave me the choice to join him as Kylo Ren. I accepted. I have never looked back."

Rhy sits silently, processing all that she had heard.

"How old were you?" She asks softly, a tear slipping down her cheek. Kylo wipes it away gently.

"20," he answers.

"I'm so sorry," Rhy whispers. "No one should have to go through that. What... happened to the friends who helped you?"

"They became the Knights of Ren. They handle little issues all over the galaxy so that I can focus on the bigger ones." Kylo smirks. "Like you for example." Rhy laughs.

"I'm the issue? I think the biggest issue here is you," she teases. Kylo picks Rhy up off her seat and pulls her into his lap.

"Wanna say that again, doll?" He taunts as his hand strokes her neck, threateningly.

"Maybe," Rhy answers. Her tears are long gone and only defiance can be seen in her eyes. Kylo doesn't answer but instead moves his hand to the back of her head. He slowly pulls her closer and Rhy's breath catches in her throat.

"Be a good girl, doll," he whispers in her ear before pressing a light kiss just below her ear. Slowly he works his way towards her mouth.

"Yes, Ky," Rhy breathes out.

Kylo pulls her head down more and brings his lips to hers.