TWENTY THREE

Ver stumbles back as if she was hit.

"How do you know that name?" Kylo asks, taking the spot Ver was just in. Poe ignored him and speaks to the shaken girl.

"Rey, your sister, she told me about you. She's worried about you. She wants you to come back to her. She misses you," Poe pleads.

"M-m-my name is Ver Loren," Ver says shakily. She shakes her head. "My family is the First Order. My family is Kylo," she whispers.

"No," Poe says. "Rey is your family. She loves you." Anger flares through Ver.

"Stop!" She screams. She reaches a hand towards Poe and starts choking him with the force. Poe gasps for breath. Slowly his face starts to turn a purplish blue but Ver does not stop. Kylo worriedly looks at Ver as she continues to strangle Poe.

"Ver," Ky says. "Ver. Ver! Let him go! He has valuable information." Ver ignores him. Kylo grabs her arm to stop her but Ver pushes him away with the force and holds him still. Kylo thrashes but is unable to move or speak.

"You do not know Rey!" Ver screams. Poe shakes his head as he struggles. Tears fall from Ver's face and she lets Poe fall to the ground. Poe gasps greedily for air.

"Rey is my friend," he finally says weakly. "She told me about you, Rhy. We all have demons its how we deal with them that matters." Ver lets out a sob. Kylo starts to break free but she pushes him back quite a bit farther. "Rey loves you amd she wants you to go home to her."

Ver looks ahead as if lost in thought. "Rey does not love me," she mutters. "She left me to die. Twice."

"She was coming back for you," Poe says gently. Even without the force he can tell the girl in front of him is conflicted. Poe stands and speaks once more. "Come with me." Ver looks at him with tears in her eyes.

"Its not that simple, friend of Rey." She removes her hold over Kylo and he runs towards them. Poe looks at her, defeated.

"Did he tell you about Darth Vader? He came back to his family even after everything. You can too."

"Darth Vader?"

"He is talking about my grandfather, doll." Ver looks down at the ground. "He saved my uncle"

"Oh."

"It resulted in his own death."

"Oh." Poe secretly shifts his hand to his second blaster at his side. He undoes the hatch and props the gun so that it is easily accessible.

"Doll," Kylo says in a warning tone, "please tell me you are not considering what this scum is saying? Your sister abandoned you! I did not nor will I ever! Remember your past is only there to fuel you not for you to go back to it!" Ver nods absent mindedly as she thinks. "What do you want, Ver?" Kylo asks harshly. Poe backs away slowly. He starts slipping towards the forest as Kylo's attention is focused solely on the girl next to him.

"Power," Ver whispers. "Family. Happiness. Strength."

"Good. Who gives you that, doll?"

"The First Order," Ver answers firmly. She turns to Kylo. "I am sorry, Ky. I lost my way." Kylo pulls her into himself as he hugs her.

"It is ok, doll." Ver looks around and frowns.

"He is gone." Kylo shrugs.

"So be it. I would much rather have you." Ver grins as Kylo pulls his mask off and pulls hers off as well. His head dips down and their lips meet. Ver deepened the kiss as they stood towards the edge of a field of dead bodies.

Poe watches the two from a tree a few yards away in disgust. He had climbed it after he realized he couldn't outrun the sith he could only wait them out. As he waited he thought of three important things he had discovered.

The first was that Rhy could be swayed to the Resistance. A few strategically said words and she broke down. Rey had mentioned that everytime they had conversed, Rhy had gotten angry and more often than not lost control. Today Rhy hah gotten angry but then it seemed her emotional walls broke down. To Poe it seemed that Rhy was just a younger sibling, angered that her older sister abandoned her. If someone could show her the light, it was quite possible that Rhy would not leave it.

The second thing Poe noticed was the power that Rhy held. She had easily held back Kylo Ren while using her power on himself. She hadn't even broken a sweat. Kylo had tried to stop her and couldn't.

The third thing was that it seemed Rhy was kept on a short leash. Honestly, Poe couldn't blame the First Order for that. Rhy it seemed, was unpredictable and somewhat easily swayed. She was young and naive and Kylo was exploiting that. When you added in the romance, it was clear to Poe that Rhy was being controlled in all aspects of her life whether she realized it or not.

This could all be used by the Resistance. While many soldiers had been lost today, it was a sacrifice that would pay off. Rhy was the First Orders strongest weapon. If the Resistance could turn her, they had a good chance of beating the First Order once and for all.