Chapter 74

Haileys pov:

I hear the sound of monitors beeping, was this all just a dream again and I've been in a coma this entire time?

I reach my hands down to feel my stomach and I don't feel a baby bump, maybe it was? I slowly open my eyes just for my vision to be blurry, how long have I been out? Three days? Three weeks? Three months? My vision begins to clear and I look around. I don't see anybody, where is everyone? If nobody brought me in or called 911 how did I get here? My curiosity takes over, I grab the remote and hit the call for a nurse button.

After the third ring somebody picks up, I inform them I need some help and a doctor comes in. Weird, usually a nurse would come in?

"Hi, Hailey. I'm doctor Johnson, how are you feeling?" He asks so kindly.

"I'm- um, I'm a bit confused I won't lie. How did I get here?" I ask unsure

"What do you mean? Our ambulance brought you in after you gave birth to two beautiful, healthy twins. I believe your fiancé named them Gracelinn and Harold?" He politely informs me.

"I- I had twins? Where are they? Where are my babies? And You said fiancé? Where is he?" I start getting excited, "I want to see them!" I politely demand causing the doctor to chuckle.

"Okay, I'll send them in Hailey." He smiles before walking out.

Everything starts to rush back now, the threatening phone call which led to the private home birth, to me blacking out, all of it. I'm too lost remembering everything that I don't even notice people walking in until somebody touches my hand, I jump slightly alarmed until I see who it was. Harry.

I start to tear up slightly and hug him tightly.

"H-how long have I been out? A day? Two?" I ask

"Hailey, it's been a week." Harry replies causing my jaw to drop. A week? I never got to feed my babies? Hold them? Change them?

I start to tear up again, except, they aren't happy tears.

"I-I never got to feed them or change them? Where are they?" I ask as Jake and Tom bring them to me.

"Oh my god, they're beautiful, Harry." I grin while holding them.

The nurse comes around my bedside to take my blood pressure.

"Why did I, you know...black out?" I ask her unsure if I want to know

"You had a retained placenta, it happens when the cervix closes before you have a chance to deliver your placenta. You started to hemorrhage because your body was trying to release it but it couldn't. You got lucky ma'am. Although, there were complications getting the hemorrhaging to stop, we had to do a hysterectomy, I'm sorry but, you probably won't be able to have children again.." She sadly responds causing my jaw to drop.

I may never be able to have children again?..