The Flight Home 2 (aka Hotel)

Alexis's POV

"I don't know, I don't think that will match the outfit."

"But it's the newest palette. Just add in some of the silver highlighter from Banila to blend it. It will make their contacts pop."

"I still think the orange eyeshadow would be better."

"Alexis, what do you think?" The make-up artists show me their phones with pictures of the makeup on it. The bright blue and neon orange two completely different and contrasting colors.

We're on a flight back to Korea. Why they thought to book an interview so early in the morning and an eighteen-hour flight in the same day is beyond my comprehension. I myself didn't know that we would be leaving right when we got back. Fortunately, my roommates already packed up my stuff for me since I was one of the few who had to wake up early for the interview.

"What does the outfit look like?" I ask. I need to know what I'm pairing before I make a choice.

Sangmi frowns, "Ha-rin didn't show you? I don't have a picture." She looks to her seating partner, who also disagrees.

"We can figure it out later then, I need all the feedback to make this perfect." She says. I smile at her determination. One thing I can definitely say about the girls, is that they put full effort into their jobs. Along with being kind, all of my coworkers do their part well, and because of that, the company stays organized and secure.

Now if they could just stop their horrible gossiping habits, I would feel a lot better about coming out as Bangtan's soulmate. I trust them not to tell anybody outside the company, but one conversation in the wrong spot, one prying ear, is all it takes.

They won't hate me. I won't ruin their lives. They care about me. I have to keep reminding myself or I won't believe it. My own doubts are the main thing preventing me from being with them. I've been the biggest obstacle to our relationship this whole time, I realize. Still, I will never think it fair for those seven beautiful and caring human beings to have to share me.

"So I'm going to ask again when we get back okay?" Sangmi asks. I nod in agreement.

Her seat partner Jiwoo, another make-up artist, speaks up, "Alexis, won't this be your first time at the company?"

I shake my head, "I went there for the interview." I leave out all the times I went to visit the boys, back before I got the job. We spent hours together without realizing it, even though all of us were busy. They were practicing for the tour, and I was financially struggling from having to abruptly immigrate. Yet none of us said a word. I can only hope that it's because they enjoy spending time with me as much as I do with them.

"It'll be your first time working there though. I think Bangtan is filming a Run episode while we are back, they'll probably have you translate it." Jiwoo explains.

"That's fine, I'll need to do it eventually once the tour finishes." I was sent two of the latest Run episodes while traveling. 'For practice,' they said. But I assume that's what I'll be doing at the company. During tour season, I interpret and on the off season I'll translate. If one of my other soulmates doesn't want to tell the company about our bond, then that's what I'll be doing for the next month. If they don't all agree, then they would have no reason for me to join the next segment.

I haven't really talked with any of them other than Yoongi this morning. We were all rushing to get to the plane, I don't even know if Yoongi mentioned it to the others or not. We'll have to discuss it when we get back.

Once we land back in Korea, the boys will film two episodes and prepare for the next half of the tour. After 19 days they set back off which means we have less than that to decide, so I am added back to the staff in enough time.

But what if they do want to tell the company? I don't want my new friends to start treating me differently. Over the few destinations we've been to, all of my coworkers have been so nice and helpful. They've all taken care of me as the newbie, both the guys and the girls. I don't want their feelings to turn to fear. Fear to interact with me normally, or that I might have more power than them. I didn't automatically get the job, though I did get recommended for it by Sejin. I am still their equal in all ways.

I look behind me. Two rows away, is Ha-rin, the stylist I shared a room with for the past few days along with Sangmi and Jiwoo and some assistants. Sitting next to me is one of the cameramen who taught me about filming angles. I helped them pack away the large cameras many times. A few rows ahead of me are the members. The tour directors buy as many tickets as needed, and the staff just fill the seats out. We could sit with whoever we want, but I found that my soulmates tend to within three rows of each other. I obviously sat with who I am comfortable with. Until we get back, any other connection with the boys needs to remain professional. 

And as much as I don't want anything to change, I can't miss the glances back; I want nothing more than to be by their side. Why is this so complicated?

~~~~~

Q&A???

I was wondering if you all wanted to do a Q&A on the characters and storyline so far. I thought since I've been writing this fanfiction for well over a year now, the story is far enough in for a Q&A. Let me know if you do or don't. If you don't want to, then don't comment this section and please continue enjoying the story. ❤️

A bit of a short chapter, but I've already started on the next one. I took some time off from work, so my productivity has soared. I forgot how fun it was to write when you don't have fifteen other things to be doing and trouble with procrastination. This is so exciting!!!