Catching Up

Alexis's POV

I push the elevator button, finally taking my hood off. I had it pulled around my face the whole way to the guys' dorm, just in case. Their address isn't supposed to be known publicly, but there could still be a risk.

After work, my soulmates texted me asking to come over to their dorm, which I agreed. I haven't been to their dorm since before the tour. Plus, we barely talked at all today. The past few days have been full of phone calls and texts, but something about being with them and talking normally makes me excited.

They sent me the address since this is my first time coming here on my own. Hobi said they were going to make dinner, so I made dessert. I insisted, and they reluctantly agreed. I assume it'll be like last time. Dinner and card games. Or maybe board games? I don't really care, I just want to spend time with them. I can't wait.

Practically bouncing out of the elevator, I stride towards the door to their dorm. Taking a deep breath, I knock on the door, my heart pounding. "She's here!" I hear Jin's voice say.

"Double check for clothes." Namjoon.

"Who's slippers are these?" Jimin.

Among the commotion I hear footsteps walk to the door. It opens up to my beautiful partner smiling down at me. My heart soars. "Hi Jungkook."

"Hello Angel." He beams. I feel blood rush to my ears at the nickname. The first time he used it was in a text but hearing it in person is a whole new phenomenon. "Come in."

I step through the door and go to take off my shoes. "Hey cupcake," Jimin greets.

"Hi Jimin," I smile. I turn and see Yoongi, "Hey Yoongi." Jungkook puts his hand gently on the small of my back to get my attention, taking the foil-wrapped dish from my hands. I give a silent thanks as he goes to put it on the counter.

"Welcome in, hun." Yoongi replies. They all use nicknames for me. If they did this a month ago, I would have passed out. It's still relatively new, but we have gotten much more comfortable with each other now so there is no embarrassment in using endearments.

Namjoon comes in from the hallway, looking frazzled. "Hey Ali."

"Hi, Joon. Are you okay?"

"He left out another pair of pants." Jin says. He walks by holding a large pot with oven mitts. "Hi love," he winks going into the dining room.

"Come on, hyung." Namjoon whines. I can't help but giggle.

Jimin pulls me towards the dining room, "We just finished everything. You got here just in time."

"You sure you don't need help with anything?" By now, I know it's pointless but I still offer.

"Nope. All you have to do is sit in this seat, right here." Taehyung says in front of me, gesturing to an empty seat. Him and Hoseok sit on either side of the chair. One I assume is supposed to be mine.

"No fair, you cheated." Jimin argues. Taehyung ignores him, smiling innocently. Him and Hoseok look at me expectantly so I abide and sit.

Jimin pouts playfully, but I see him smile as he takes the seat next to Tae. The other members come in behind us taking their seats. All but Jungkook who literally picks up Hoseok's chair, with him still in it and places it to the right. He grabs the empty chair and take the vacant spot where Hobi and his chair just occupied.

"What the hell Jungkook?"

The others members laugh at their antics. Jungkook just leans his head on his palm, his elbow on the table making him face away from Hoseok. "How was your first day Angel?"

Hobi is still frozen in shock, not knowing whether to be angry or just accept the loss of his spot. "Hobi, close your mouth. Taehyung, put your phone down." Jin delegates. I look to Taehyung and see him filming the whole thing. "Love, can you hand me your plate please?"

I do as he asks, then answer Jungkook's question. "It's great! The coworkers are really nice, and I pretty much got the hang of everything thanks to Sejin and some of the managers sending me episodes to practice translating."

"They gave you work during the tour?" Namjoon asks.

"Yeah, just a few RUN and Gayo episodes that already had translations. Sejin said it was to make sure I could do them correctly, which makes sense."

Jin hands me back my plate. I gasp in awe, "Is this curry?" There is fluffy white rice with Japanese curry poured over it. As soon as the lid stays off, the smell of curry wafts through the house. I finally look at some of the dishes and see plates of cold noodles, tonkatsu, and gyoza. Of course, there are other side dishes of pickled radish, seaweed, and other staples.

"You said you like Japanese food, right? We tried to make some of the food." Jin says.

"I love it! It looks amazing, thank you!" I take the plate and set it down in front of me.

They all look happy and relieved. I am always amazed at how much effort they put into everything. Be it dancing, a concert, filming, or even dinner plans. They go out of their way for those that they love and I love them for it.

I wait for everyone to be served before eating, "So how was your guys' day?"

They all take turns telling me about their schedule and what they did. Just like last time, the casual conversation becomes comfortable, all of us sharing stories and learning more about each other. I'm not lying when I say that I really needed this. With all the changes and moving that has been happening recently, I desperately needed to sit down and talk with the people I am learning to love. Who I would like to believe, love me too. And from what I've seen, they might need this too.

I learn more about their likes and dislikes, and even their families. Apparently they all have one sibling except for Taehyung who has a younger brother and sister. Jungkook tells me a story about him and his brother fighting. Apparently, that's how he got the scar on his cheek. "I've left a few scars on my brother too, it's part of the sibling life, really." I say.

"You have a brother?" Yoongi questions.

"Yep, two of them. Elijah is three years older than me, but my baby Eddie is only eight."

"That's cute."

"He is! He was super clingy with me and mom. He fights with Elijah just like me, though. My little partner in crime." I don't even realize that I'm gushing, but I love talking about Eddie, especially since I haven't seen him in so long. They all just watch me ramble on, a fondness in their eyes full of adoration at seeing me so excited. I don't realize this, though. "But you know what's really cute, is when he tries to speak Spanish. He hasn't had much chance to learn it, so he stutters a lot and it's the most adorable thing."

Jungkook picks up on what I said and asks, "Wait, your brother speaks Spanish and English?"

"You all grew up trilingual?" Taehyung adds.

I slightly calm down from my gushing and tell them. "We sort of have a system. Mom speaks French, Dad speaks Spanish, and they'll have odd days where they speak English. They did this so we could know all the languages and talk with relatives when they visited. It is part of why I wanted to be a translator."

"Your dad is Hispanic?" Hoseok.

"Yeah, he is half Chilean, and half Italian. He speaks both, but Mom only knows Spanish, so that's the language we learned."

I pull up a picture on my phone, showing it to them. "There's the five of us."

~~~~~

Hello beautifuls! Happy Halloween🎃🎃

This is the first time Alexis's dad is mentioned, are you surprised? What do you think? I have a plan for how I want to introduce him, but it won't be just yet. Any speculations? Guesses? How are we feeling?

I hope you lovlies liked the chapter, I thought some more Alexis x Members content was well overdue! This author's note is a bit rushed, but I want you all to know that I love you  guys! I hope you all will be healthy and happy just as you deserve! Thank you for taking the time to read my story❤❤🤭😘