Staying the Night?

Taehyung's POV

We finally agreed. In less than a week, we can be a real couple in public. Or somewhat public. But no more stolen glances and distance anymore. No more need to pretend to be anything less than lovers.

Some of the other members don't need as much physical affection. Being near Alexis may be enough for them, but not for me. Every second I'm with her I want to be closer. Hugs, cuddles, hell even holding hands would be better. The way we are now, telling stories with my head on her thigh, how her hand brushes against my shoulder every time she leans in, is what I want. At the company, I always unconsciously move in her direction and only realize it when one of the members call me out of it.

I don't even know why we had to keep it a secret in the first place, who decided on that? Were we doing it thinking Alexis would want it that way? I guess it worked out anyways because now she can settle into the company without pressure. I don't understand why it is an issue anyways, it should be like having coworkers who are soulmates. I don't want to think about the specifics anymore. It doesn't matter. What's important now is to enjoy what we have now and in the future yet to come.

"Oh! I didn't even realize how late it was!" She says suddenly, her gaze on my watch. I check it as well, seeing that it's already past midnight. How? We've barely spent any time together, and yet so many hours have passed. I haven't been checking the time though, and I doubt any of the others would have. How could we when we have the most distracting treasure right in front of us?

Luckily, the guys and I have the morning off. We get a brief break after filming episodes back-to-back right after the tour, but the rest of the staff have to go in at normal hours including Alexis. Hoseok says just that, "That's right, you don't have the morning off."

"I'm sorry, I should've kept track of the time." Jimin apologizes.

She's quick to dismiss his doubts, "Don't worry, it's nobody's fault. I'll still get a good amount of sleep." She smiles down at me, cupping my cheek with her hand. Her hair comes down and brushes my forehead with the lightest caress. It creates a shield around my face so all I can see is her and I'm okay with that. The light behind her head makes her look even more angelic if that was ever possible. "I'm glad you guys get a break, even if it's only for half a day."

I close my eyes and lean into her hand immediately, never wanting this feeling to go away. I don't want her to leave. Why does she have to go, can't she live here with us? It's going to happen eventually after all, we're soulmates. "Do you want to stay?" I ask.

I mean that I want her to move in, but if just one night is all I can get I'll take it. None of the others say anything, turning to her in anticipation. Obviously, we all want her to stay over, I know a few of us have dreamt for it. To give her more of a reason to say yes I add in, "You can borrow some clothes. And we can stop by your place in the morning to change." In truth, I really want to see her wearing my clothes.

She thinks for a moment before replying. "I finally got a car, so I drove here." That's great! It'll be a bit easier for her now! "You don't need to drop me off but," her expression softens. "I wouldn't mind staying the night if you don't."

I can't hide the excitement on my face as I sit up. "Yay!"

"Yes! You can sleep with me!" Jungkook cheers, to which I instantly frown.

"Excuse you? Says who?" Jin argues.

"I'm the only one with a room to myself." He responds like it's obvious.

"Um, no. You don't even have enough room in there for yourself." Jimin explains.

Yoongi chimes in, "An internet café would have less computers than you do in your room."

Alexis chuckles, "I'm fine wherever. I can take the couch." Absolutely not.

"No!" We all chime in this time. I'd sleep on the kitchen floor before I ever let her sleep on the couch.

"I can sleep in the studio across the hall and you can take my bed if you'd like. I sleep there all the time anyways." Namjoon.

"Or with me in the bed. I'm a great cuddler." I suggest, which earns me a glare from all the members.

Alexis stays calm during our bickering, having gotten used to it after a while. "Well, you guys don't want me to sleep in the couch and I don't want to move you out of your beds..." I wait for her to come up with the solution. She could've rejected the invitation to stay and gone home, but she didn't. She's trying to figure out how to be with us, though it'd be easier not to with how difficult we are making it. I can't wait for the day where it would be easy. Where she could stay the night without a compromise or a reason.

"I'll share a bed with one of you?" She says uncertainly.

"Alright, where did you want to go?" Namjoon asks. She's seen all of our rooms, so she knows that Jin and Yoongi have the biggest space, but I still hope she'd be enticed by cuddles. For the first time today, she is at a loss for words. She gets flustered and her face gets redder by the second.

"I.. um. Well..." She looks to the floor, not making eye contact with any of us. A bit of awkward tension makes its way into the air. Though I don't know why, I can tell that she's unnerved, so I'm glad that Hoseok steps in before she gets uncomfortable. I skim her knee lightly in an attempt to calm her down.

"Hey, Alexis." Hoseok says gently, catching her attention. She looks up at him. "You don't have to choose." He kisses the inside of her wrist, "We'll never make you choose. So don't worry sunshine."

Now I'm at a loss for words. I didn't even realize that we were making her choose between us. I was thinking she'd choose by room, but I was still secretly hoping that she'd choose to share a bed with me. I don't think I would've been jealous if she didn't, would I? Just disappointed. But she wouldn't want that either, for any of us. I have to remember to look more perspectively, like the other members.

"We'll just go by room. And next time you come over, we'll figure it again okay?" We all unanimously agree without a word. We'd never want Alexis to feel overwhelmed if we could help it.

She nods appreciatively. "Thank you. I'm sorry guys." She apologizes.

I go in to hug her arm, nuzzling my face into her shoulder. "Aww, don't worry about it honey, Hobi's right. We'll never make you choose between us."

Jimin hugs her other side, "You are perfect enough to fight over though." He ends his statement with a wink. She laughs at his playfulness, the tension dissipating back into the relaxed and comfortable atmosphere from before. We all want our own time with her, but there are seven of us and one of her. Jealousy might come up sometimes, it's inevitable. But we have forever to work it out.

She might think that it's unfair for us, but I know I don't. I love my brothers; we made our own family together before Alexis. Now we can make another with her, without an end date. One that will only grow stronger with time.