Hungover

Coming to your senses, the first thing you felt was the aching of your skull. It felt like someone was hitting you repeatedly with a hammer and adding more pressure with each blow. You kept your eyes closed feeling the warmth of the sun on your skin. Feeling around your surroundings, you knew you were in a bed, alone, fully clothed. That's good. Slowly, very slowly, you began to open your eyes. As they got wider, it felt as if you were looking directly at the sun. Standing up, you went to close the curtains. Completely ignoring the fact that you were not in fact at home. Hearing noises outside the door, you decided to go to it. Opening it, you were met with a blonde woman wearing a long shirt with smudged lipstick and messy hair coming out of the room opposite yours. Smiling at her, you noticed Loki standing next to her looking back at you before turning towards the mystery woman.

"Bye Lana" he said before kissing her deeply.

"It's Anna" she said pulling away before leaving with her heels in her hand and a bag probably containing the rest of her clothes.

Loki watched her walk away before looking back at you.

"Stayed the night I gather" he said.

"Seems I wasn't the only one" you retorted hinting at the woman who'd just left his room.

Loki was about to say something else but his focus was caught by Bucky walking towards you both with a tray in his hand.

"Happy to see you're up" he smiled looking at you.

"I don't re—" you started before being cut off.

"I carried you" Bucky blurted out "you were drunk, singing karaoke and about to fall by the looks of it so Tony asked me to make sure you got to bed safe."

"I bet you did" Loki uttered from behind you both.

"T-thanks" you stuttered feeling embarrassed by your antics which you had luckily forgotten from last night.

"Anyways, I thought I'd bring you breakfast" he smiled looking down at the tray and then back to you.

"The Winter Solider brining breakfast in bed. How mundane compared to your usual activities" Loki mocked mimicking strangulation.

"Well thank you Ja-" you said quickly trying to stop Bucky from reacting to Loki's childish behaviour.

"Call me Bucky"

"Thanks Bucky" you said taking the tray and gasping when you looked at it. "Would you like to come in and eat with me? I'm not going to be able to finish all this" you giggled looking at the plethora of different options Bucky had prepared for you. This earned a scoff from Loki who for some reason was still watching the both of you.

"What is your problem?" Bucky snapped turning to face Loki who wore a smug grin.

"Bucky ignore him, come inside" you said turning back into the room and motioning for Bucky to follow.

Walking back into the room, you noticed it was now really dark as you had closed the curtains and not turned any lights on. Putting the tray down, you went to the window to draw the curtains. As you done so, you caught a glance at your reflection.

"Oh gosh" you breathed out.

"What's the matter?" Bucky asked walking towards you.

"Don't come any closer" you shouted out seeing the reflection of him coming closer.

"Woah, y/n, what's going on, are you alright?" He said beginning to panic.

Hearing his voice change as he began to panic, you realised the silly situation you were in. Hungover, smudged makeup, and messy hair. There was no point trying to hide it, you had just spoken face to face with him a minute ago.

"I'm fine" you chucked turning back to face him "I just look a mess."

"A mess?"

"Look at me Bucky" you said beginning to actually laugh "I'm beyond embarrassed."

"You look absolutely fine" he said walking towards you placing his hands on your shoulders which he quickly retracted seeing you wince as his metal arm made contact with your skin.

Glancing at his metal arm and then at his deflated expression, you quickly gave him a reassuring smile and grabbed his left hand feeling the cold metal on your skin.

"Just wasn't expecting it" you mumbled intertwining your fingers with his as his face lit up again.

"I'm sorry" he apologised.

"Don't be ridiculous, I find it quite sexy" you winked earning a small laugh from him. "Now, let's eat" you announced walking you both towards the bed.

You and Bucky sat together eating breakfast. You both got on exceptionally well and surprisingly had a lot in common. Bucky seemed to enjoy speaking about his past. He had so many stories about him and Steve and what they used to get up to back in the day before they became Captain America and the Winter Soldier. You didn't realise that earlier on Bucky was tense until you noticed how relaxed he was now. You felt drawn to him. He was a breath of fresh air. You didn't really eat, you just enjoyed his company and his stories.

"I better get going" you said after a while.

"And leave me, y/n you're breaking my heart" he said jokingly placing a hand over his chest. Making you laugh.

After a moment, he spoke again. "Thank you y/n" he said genuinely grateful.

"Thank me? You're the one who carried me to bed and then brought me breakfast. What could you possibly be thanking me for?"

"For listening"

"Thank you for sharing" you replied touched by his gratitude.

"It's rare that I feel so at ease with someone, especially someone new and it's been a while since I've had someone who just lets me speak" he admitted turning slightly red.

"If I wasn't so disgusting right now, I'd hug you" you said trying not to let a tear escape hearing the vulnerability in his voice.

"Let's get you home" he laughed standing up and offering a hand out to you helping you stand.

As you stood up, you were startled hearing a loud alarm and then a message.

"Can I get ermmm Buck, Red haired assassin and America's ass all suited within the next 20 minutes please, we've got a little mission" Tony said through the intercom.

"Argh, really right now" Bucky muttered clearly annoyed.

"And can someone get y/n home if she's still here. What am I saying of course she's still here she wouldn't leave without saying goodbye, or would she—" Tony rambled on clearly lost in his own thoughts as his speaking got quieter and quieter.

"I'm sorry y/n" Bucky said looking at you.

"Are you insane? Go and save the world, I'll be fine getting home" you encouraged him.

"I'll make sure of that" Loki shouted from behind the closed door.