Plan B

By the time you arrived at the compound, it was nighttime. Everyone was gathered in the briefing room when you and Steve walked in. You gave a tight lipped smile to everyone excluding Loki who stood in the corner of the room. You could feel his eyes on you but remained straight faced.

"WAIT! TONY YOU WANT US TO WAIT?" You exclaimed after hearing the plan offered to you by Tony. "Steve come, on you can't expect us to just wait." You said turning to him.

"Y/N, I want to get Bucky back here as soon as possible too but Starks right, we can't go in the middle of the night especially because we don't yet know what we're dealing with" Steve tried to counter lowering his gaze.

"What we're dealing with is a hostage situation where time is of the essence. The man who took me said he wanted the winter soldier, the longer they have Bucky, the more likely it is that we'll really loose him despite the fact that he could be going through agony right now as they try and turn him" you explained standing up.

"Y/N, we can't go tonight. We'll continue to work through the night trying to find out as much as we can about these three bases and we'll leave tomorrow."

"You're just saying this because you don't even like Bucky, do you Stark? Tell me if it was Pepper you wouldn't charge in there right now and get her." You said stalking closer to Tony.

"That's enough y/n, Natasha said trying to calm you down."

"WE CANT JUST WAIT!" You stressed starting to feel a little bit faint.

"Y/N, are you alright?"

"Y/n?"

"Someone help her sit down"

Everyone's voices passed you in a blur of overlapping noises. Your vision was clouded and you felt as if you were going to pass out. You tried to regain composition until you saw Loki beginning to approach you.

"I'm fine" you stated pushing everyone away before collapsing to the ground.

To your chagrin, the last thing you saw was Loki leaning down with a worried look.

When you opened your eyes, you were surprisingly not in the medbay, you were in your room at the compound. Turning towards your bedside table, there was a note along with some vitamins and a glass of water.
"Good, you're awake"

Turning towards the window, you saw Loki standing at it and looking outside.

"Get out" you said tiredly.

"Exhaustion. That's the reason you passed out" he said still facing the window.

"Well maybe I haven't had much sleep since watching my dad die at your hands Loki" you quipped.

"It wasn't like that."

"Whatever, leave now please I have somewhere to go" you exasperated standing up.

"Where are you going y/n, you need to rest. We'll be visiting the locations tomorrow and you are going to stay put" he explained turning towards you.

"No, what I'm going to do is go there now and you can all do whatever it is you're going to do tomorrow" you said with a simper.

After a sigh from Loki, he began to speak again as he approached you.

"I don't recommend it y/n but if you adamant on going, you're not going alone"

"No, I'd much prefer to go alone" you remarked.

"I'm coming with you" he stated.

"No you're not"

"I'm not letting you go alone"

"Fine, seeing you might give me all the strength needed to fight however many people I need to. I'll imagine I'm hitting you"

"Hit me if it'll make you feel better. You know, I remembering you threatening me" he grinned getting closer to you as you stepped backwards.

"I'm not sure how this whole god thing works but I'm pretty sure killing one wouldn't bring good karma to me regardless of how much I'd really like to" you retorted looking up at him.

"I won't tell if you don't " he smiled as your back hit the wall.

You both stood completely still for a few moments looking at each other as he towered above you.

"Are you fucking flirting?" You scoffed breaking the silent eye contact "Stop that or I'll actually be forced to deal with the bad karma."

"Get dressed, we'll leave in 10 minutes" he finished looking you up and down as you remembered you were wearing a low cut tank top and jeans.

You wrapped your arms around your chest as you huffed opening your door and pushing Loki out.

"10 minutes" he said again.