The bargain

You watched in horror and abhor as Loki killed your dad on the screen in front of you. Your heart skipped a beat when he looked at the camera with piercing blue eyes, not the emerald you had become accustomed too. You closed your eyes as Loki began gathering up the files. You had seen too much.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" Bucky shouted pushing the screen over and stopping the footage as you froze in a state of trauma. Not only did you just watch the footage of your dad being killed, but Loki, your Loki was the one that done it. After years of not knowing, yearning for the truth, it was out, it was here, and you couldn't bare the weight of it. Had everything with Loki been a lie? Was this some sort of cruel joke? Loki had told you that he didn't have much memory of the time he was being mind controlled but he couldn't have possibly been so far gone that he didn't remember doing this or perhaps he thought the man wasn't important because he didn't know it was your dad. Just another victim.

"Y/N, I am so sorry" Bucky said trying to wake you from your stupor but you didn't want to be taken out of it. You wanted to stay in it forever. This was all too much.

"LET HER GO!" Bucky yelled turning to the man who was just observing the situation.

"For a price" he grinned.

"What do you want?" Bucky demanded.

"You" he replied simply.

Flaring his nostrils, Bucky answered "fine, take me, let her go."

"It's not that simple I'm afraid" the man chuckled walking towards Bucky "I don't just want you, I want the winter soldier."

Bucky narrowed his eyes at the man as he began grinding his teeth.

"No" he affirmed.

"That's the bargain, take it or leave it, well her" the man chided.

"Bucky you can't" you plead snapping out of your trance and hearing the bargain that was being struck between the two men.

"No y/n, what I can't do is leave you here, like this" he reassured turning back towards you.

You knew it had taken Bucky a long time to leave his past behind him. He'd always say how he prayed the past would never catch up to him. Despite what he had done to you, Bucky didn't deserve to go through the torture he did again all in the hopes that this man was true to his word and would release you.

"Bucky n—" you started before Bucky silenced you.

"Y/N, I am so sorry, I'm so sorry that I've caused you so much pain, I'm sorry that I have to go. I love you y/n" he announced kissing you on the cheek before turning back towards the man.

Those three simple words, you had longed to hear Bucky say them to you but now, they were tarnished. This wasn't how you thought you'd ever hear them. In the middle of a hostage situation with your new ex.

"Now let her go" he ordered.

"You have my word" the man assured pulling a gas mask out earning confused looks from you and Bucky.

"What are y—"

The last thing you saw was Bucky falling to the floor as your eyes began slowly closing as you faded into the abyss inhaling the gas.