Preperations

Days went on and there was still no progress with Bucky. You relinquished your title as commander for the SHEILD team and handed it to Steve who was still determined to find Bucky as much as you were, even if the rest of the team weren't. You knew that with Steve in charge, you'd be able to continue the search yourself without just being someone who directs the team. You were always better at actually getting involved as opposed to just giving orders.

It was the time of year where the Avengers would be invited to the annual gala at the Pembroke mansion. You had been before but usually in leather pants with a gun strapped to your thigh, not particularly ever as a guest. As this event housed many important people, some of SHIELDS more advanced agents were usually deployed as security. Being an avenger meant that this time, you'd be in a dress.

Everyone busied themselves thinking about what they were going to wear whilst you kept thinking about the events of the past few months. Some of the craziest moments of your life had happened these past few months and now you were sleeping with a god. Never would have predicted that.

You and Loki had already planned what you were going to wear however you hadn't told him your outfit. Whenever he'd ask you'd just kiss him and tell him—

"It's a surprise."

"So I don't even get a hint?" he questioned leaning closer to you.

"It's a dress." You smiled poking his nose.

The days leading up to the party mostly consisted of you searching for Bucky in the day and then sleeping with Loki at night. You prayed that the slither of recognition you saw in his eyes that day wasn't gone. That he'd come back.

When the day of the party finally came, you insisted Loki stay far away from you as if it was your wedding day. You didn't want to see him until the party, as the men and the women were travelling there separately, to Loki's chagrin. The outfit was going to be a surprise.
Coming out of the shower, you heard your door knock.

"Hello?"

"Lady y/n, it's me" Thor replied.

"You can come in" you answered securely fastening your towel around you.

When Thor entered the room, he gasped looking at your open wardrobe.

"Loki is going to love this!" He cheered as you put your finger on his lips.

"ShhhshhhhhSHUSH. It's not for Loki. Why would I care what he thinks?" You said turning away.

"This is like the films I have to watch with Lady Natasha" he laughed.

"What films?" you asked causing Thor to slam a hand on his mouth.

"I do not watch romantic films with Lady Natasha, that is a ridiculous thing to say. She doesn't like those types of films and she doesn't like Banner" Thor assured closing his eyes in a smug expression before realising what he said.

"What was that Thor?"

"She doesn't like Banner or those films— I'm leaving" he said turning around and exiting as you laughed to yourself.

Once you got changed, you looked in the mirror one more time taking in your appearance. You wasn't one to brag but you couldn't help but wink at yourself before giggling at your reflection. You looked stunning.

You waited for Loki to definitely be gone before exiting your room to be met with cheers and whistles by the rest of the women. You saw a few new faces including Natashas sister who was introduced to you as Yelena. She was gorgeous and they were close. You vaguely remember Natasha telling you about her when you were both in Budapest during your SHIELD days. She said they weren't really close but if their constant laughing with one another was anything to go by, Nat definitely underestimated their relationship.

"Are you ready?" Pepper asked walking towards you with a wide smile.

"No" you laughed.

"You don't have to do it you know" she reassured you touching your shoulder.

"No, I told Tony I would, so I will" you smiled. "Let's gooo"