Hello Mischief

"Take him down for questioning. Y/N and Bucky go and get something to eat or just relax for now" Steve said looking at you and gesturing to Bucky. "Make sure he's alright" he mouthed when Bucky turned to leave. You nodded at Steve before following Bucky.

"Hey hey Bucky wait stop" you called as Bucky pretty much sprinted down the corridor.

"I need to be alone y/n" he replied not turning around or stopping.

"Wai—" you were cut off by the feeling of someone wrapping their arms around your waist and pulling you into an empty room. Before you had time to scream or fight back, you looked up at your captor who looked down at you with a fond smile.

"Hello mischief" you said before pulling Loki down into a hug which he returned. "I know we're not friends and we haven't been speaking and you've been avoiding me but I've missed you" you spoke into his shoulder.

"Avoiding you?" Loki asked pulling away.

"Yeah, I haven't seen you in weeks it's like every time I'm here, you're not. I assumed you were avoiding me"

"Silly mortal" he laughed resuming the hug.

As you and Loki hugged away your apologies, you felt buoyant. It felt as if you and Loki were childhood friends that had a minor spat and were now back together. No need for apologies when you're so close with one another.

"So, where have you been?" You asked as you pulled away from Loki who seemed reluctant to let you go.

"I-I've been working on something" he confessed.

"Go on" you prompted causing Loki to put a finger over his lips.

"All in good time y/n. All in good time" he grinned poking your nose causing you to scrunch it and move your head back.

"Don't do that again" you said trying to hide your smile.
Loki did it again and you grabbed his hand. You both stood together just laughing and feeling thankful that you were both back to this. Friends.

Letting his hand go, you decided this was a good time to ask what the fuck that whole thing was about a few weeks ago. It had been bugging you and although you weren't angry anymore, you were still very confused so what better time to ask than right now when spirits are high.

"Loki"

"Hmm"

"Why were you so angry?"

"Angry?"

"You know, that day"

Loki paused for a moment as his cheerful smile faded. Taking a deep breath, he continued.

"Because you and Barnes you know" he said whilst making a hand gesture which you assumed meant sex.

"We actually didn't" you giggled causing Loki to sigh in relief which was short lived when you continued talking "not then anyways" you finished.

"Oh" he said giving a tight lipped smile.

"Why is that a problem anyways?" You asked stepping closer to Loki to remove some lint that had gotten onto his shirt.

"I-it's not it's—" he stuttered clearly flustered and looking down to you as you looked up to him.

"I'm kidding, obviously it was awkward for you to see that and I'm sorry I wasn't available to see whatever it was you came in to show me or tell me"

"Never mind" he assured still looking down at you as you placed your hand flat against his chest after discarding the lint.

"And Loki"

"Yes"

"You have no reason to ever feel abandoned by me. I have space in my heart for both my favourite boys" you laughed tapping his chest and letting your hand fall.
Loki swore you would have gone blind if you could see his heart right now. It was surely glowing with the promise of him having a place in yours. Leaning forwards, Loki placed a chaste kiss on your cheek.

You felt your heart beating faster as Loki's lips brushed over your cheek. As he pulled away, you caught a whiff of his cologne and felt oddly intoxicated by it. It didn't smell bad in fact it smelt delightful but it made you suddenly feel flustered and strangely shy as you remembered how he looked that morning on your couch.

You both stood together gazing into each others eyes and it felt like time had stopped. You were relishing in the feeling of your rekindled friendship but you were also noticing how beautiful his eyes were. They were so—

"Loki I have to go, mission stuff" you said turning away as you remembered the earlier mission with Bucky "but I'll see you later" you assured.

"I'm counting on it" Loki called after you as you exited the room.