Saturday

As the week progressed, you and Bucky spoke everyday. You FaceTimed one another, texted one another and eventually planned a date. Occasionally, when Bucky would be FaceTiming you whilst he was in the kitchen or common room, you'd sometimes see Loki in the background looking at the phone and then quickly turning away. It was strange that he seemed to always accidentally look at Bucky's phone when you were on FaceTime but at least he always looked away quickly giving you both privacy. You and Bucky had planned to meet this Saturday and go to the cinema to watch a film that one of your favourite actors was going to be in, not that you told him that was the reason. You loved Sebastian Stan and was convinced that Bucky was a Sebastian Stan variant although he himself couldn't see the resemblance. Saturday was supposed to be fun and casual. Perfect.

So why when Saturday came, were you summoned to the tower by none other than Nick Fury to 'do your job' as he so nicely put it in the phone call.

"I'm about to leave for a date" you argued.

"Not anymore."

"I don't work for you anymore Nick" you sighed.

"Just get here" he demanded.

"Can't do that I'm afraid" you yawned faking being unbothered.

"Barnes is at the tower, he isn't allowed to leave until the mission is over and it won't be over until we get the information we need, information that you're going to come here and extract" he explained.

"Arghhh you're holding Bucky hostage" you whined "Nice Fury real nice. Give me an hour."

"No need, we're sending a quintet"

"You do know I don't have a helipad"

"I am aware but the building next to you does so wait there"

"How am I supp— hello. Hellooo?"

Fury hung up the phone leaving you completely puzzled. You were somehow supposed to get to the roof of the building next to yours. You wouldn't be able to just waltz in and tell anyone who asked that you were waiting for the avengers to pick you up to take you to the tower to interrogate someone so you could free your boyf- your male friend. Your male friend who you were supposed to be on a date with.

Despite the fact that you were only going to the cinema, you still decided to dress up a little bit and wear a bit of makeup. Opting for a low cut v neck and some Levi's, you were annoyed thinking about the possibility of having to possibly climb to the next building. No thats ridiculous you thought closing your window again. You mentally prepared yourself for going to the building and asking someone to let you in and then asking someone to show you how to get to the roof until you heard your door knock. Opening it, you were surprised to see Loki standing there.

"I'm here to take you to the jet."

"Hello to you too." You smiled.

"Well come on then" he said throwing his arm forward.

"What do you mean?" You asked confused.

"Hold on."

"Hold o—" you were cut off by Loki grabbing your arm and teleporting you both to the roof that the quintet was on.

"WHAT THE FUCK LOKI" you shouted feeling dizzy and seeing that you were no longer outside your apartment but on a roof.

"You kept on talking, we're on the clock" he reminded.

"What's wrong, fear of heights?" he teased.

"No" you stated unamused walking towards the jet.

"Then what is it? Spiders? Crowds? The dark?"

"Loki please do me a favour and be quiet" you exasperated.

"You know, if I wanted to find out I could" he quipped.

"NO!" You shouted earning a shocked look from him "I didn't mean to shout. Just stop please okay" you pleaded causing Loki to nod.

When you arrived at the jet, you were happy to see that the pilot was none other than your captive boy- male friend Bucky. Smiling, you walked towards him.

"Y/n, as gorgeous as always" he smiled as you twirled.

"Bucky, ever the charmer" you giggled "why don't we just park this thing and head to the cinema, Fury isn't here to stop us" you joked before hearing a cough behind you.

"Loki, I forgot you were here" Bucky said clearly irritated by Loki's presence.

"We're on a mission, both of you can resume you're foolish activities after" Loki sneered.

"And since when were you a team player" Bucky argued.

"And since when were you not? You've let this doltish girl corrupt your already fragile mind, Bucky Barnes, so easily manipulated" Loki snarled.

"That's enough" you interrupted feeling the tensions rising and feeling slightly hurt by Loki's insult.

"It's enough when I say it's enough, you, inane girl, do not get to silence me. You forget your place, perhaps I should remind you" Loki said stepping towards you causing you to start drumming your fingers on your thumb.

Seeing Loki towering over you, Bucky instantly jumped out of the pilot seat to stand between the both of you.

"No Bucky it's fine, Loki is just acting like a bitch, I'm not afraid of him" you said stepping from behind Bucky and looking at Loki "although it would be fun to see what you're afraid off" you threatened Loki causing his aggressive demeanour to shift into a defensive one.

"Come on let's just get to the tower. The sooner we arrive, the sooner we don't have to be in his company" Bucky said placing a hand on the small of your back and guiding you back towards the front of the quintet.
Loki was silent and remained silent for the duration of the journey.

When you arrived on the roof of the avengers tower, you saw that Loki quickly undid his seatbelt and bolted towards the exit as you and Bucky took your time. You watched him with a frown feeling bad for threatening him. It was ridiculous you knew as he was the one trying to intimidate you but not that long ago you had promised him that you wouldn't do that to him. Read his fears. And now, you threatened him with it as your first go to instead of thinking of something else to say.

"What's wrong?" Bucky questioned seeing your face.

"I feel bad" you admitted.

"Don't. He was out of order for speaking to you like that especially after the first time you both met. He's got issues doll, don't take what he says to heart." He reassured pressing a kiss on your cheek.

You felt yourself getting flustered at Bucky's pet name and his action. He was so dreamy, so easy to fall in love wi— no that's absurd this is like the second time you've met him. He was nice.

Exiting the jet, Bucky guided you towards the tower with hand on your back. When I'm the elevator, you saw your reflection in the mirror. Bucky smiled at you in the mirror realising what you were doing.

"I don't look intimidating at all do I?" You laughed gesturing to your outfit.

"You'll do fine" he reassured you trying not to laugh in your face.

When the doors opened, Fury was standing next to Tony who looked between you and Bucky and opened his mouth to speak before being silenced by Fury speaking.

"Y/N glad you made it"

"Didn't have a choice did I" you said walking towards him and shaking his hand.

Fury debriefed you on the person you'd be interrogating. He was an illegal arms dealer who refused to give the names of his suppliers. The weapons this man was distributing had contributed to the deaths of hundreds including dozens of children. You felt nauseous seeing the files of the cases this man was in connection with. He was vile and uncaring. You were determined to get answers out of him.