There are times when I will need you

This night felt like a fairy tale you didn't want to end. Thor congratulated you when Loki kissed you in front of everyone. Half the team expected it and the rest were confused. You all danced together as everyone else got drunker and drunker. When the team started mingling with other people, you decided to go outside for some fresh air.

Looking at the garden, you thanked the gods for your blessings. You heard footsteps behind you and spun around.

"I didn't know you could sing" you smiled as Loki reached for your hands.

"There are many things you don't know about me my inamorata" he teased.

"Inamorata?" You questioned tilting your head.

"You are my love are you not?" He responded causing you both to laugh. In this moment, you knew you had to tell him. It was perfect. Stopping your laughter, you squeezed Loki's hands as you looked into his eyes.

"Loki, I have something I have to tell—"

Suddenly Loki fell to the floor as Bucky hit him with something. Bucky catches your gaze as he starts stepping towards you. Using his metal arm, he fastens it around your neck causing you to try and fight him off.

"S-stop" you plead searching his eyes for recognition.

"You're my mission" he replied void of emotion.

"Bucky stop" you begged kicking your legs as his grip tightened. He lifted you slightly off the ground.

You could vaguely see Loki regaining consciousness on the floor so you tried to scream to fully wake Loki or at least alert someone.

"Any last words?" Bucky asked as you began to feel yourself falling into the void.

"I'm pregnant" you yell but it comes out as more of a choked sob.

Bucky's grip relaxes slightly as his eyes move from yours to your legs. Without looking, you can feel what he's looking at. You can feel something trickling down your legs. Bucky removed his hand as he steps back. You slowly turn your head down and sight the crimson that's running down your leg, staining your dress.

"You're what?" You heard Loki say as he stands up.

The sound must have reminded Bucky of his 'mission' as the slither of recognition and regret in his features returned to a stoic expression as he lunged forwards with a blade in his hand.

You closed your eyes waiting for the inevitable. The anticipation slowing time, playing tricks. You didn't even feel when he stabbed you. Opening your eyes, you saw Loki standing in front of you as Bucky plunges the blade deep into his abdomen causing you to let out a feral scream. Bucky ran off as Loki fell backwards in your arms.

"Loki, you're alright you're alright HELPP HELP!" You called stroking his cheek in your lap as your eyes began to fill with tears. "You promised you'd never leave me, come on stay awake, you promised you'd never abandon me" you said frantically with a sad smile.

"I'm so sorry y/n, for all of it, I love you" he breathed out as death slowly dug its cruel nails into him.

"I love you too Loki. Please don't leave me" you whispered watching a tear roll out of his eye as they closed.

"Loki" you called quietly to no reply.

You sat on your knees, covered in a blood stained dress rocking Loki in your lap as the rest of the Avengers fled out of the mansion and to your aid. You heard them talking but you couldn't take in what they were saying. Thor knelt at your side whilst you gently rested Loki down as you stood up and started walking away. You heard the shouting but it all faded into the wind as you walked. Feeling a tear falling down your face, you wiped it with the back of your hand leaving a crimson stain on your cheek. You walked and walked, expressionlessly into the night. You felt like you were not present. Something else was guiding your movements. You didn't realise you had been walking for over an hour until you arrived at a hospital.

Everyone stared at you as you made your way to the reception. Your once beautiful night gown was now adorned in blood. Your makeup smudged. Heels broken. Emotions, none.

Approaching the receptionist who's expression was one of horrified, you gave her a small smile which probably scared her even more.

"Hi, I need to get checked out, I think I've had a
miscarriage" you announced before passing out.