"Sweetheart"

You kept running until you stopped.

You narrowed your eyes in a haze until you heard that friendly voice that you missed so dearly and held so closely to your fragile heart. You closed your eyes savouring the words.

"Sweetheart, go home"

"I-I can't I can't I don't want to be alone I can't do this alone dad" you cried. "Why dad. Why did you leave me?" You shouted enraged falling to your knees in front of the gravestone. "Please come back" you whispered as tears fell profusely dampening the mud. "I don't want to be alone anymore" you bawled until you felt arms around you.

"You're not alone. I'm so sorry y/n" Loki said cradling you to his chest as you sobbed.

"How could you do that? To me?" you said deflated as you pulled away from him still in his arms looking into his eyes searching for an answer.

"What did I do that was so bad that you did that Loki?" You whimpered as he pulled you back to his chest.

"I'm sorry, so so sorry y/n" he soothed stroking your hair as you wept.

"Why would you do that?" You repeated between sobs as he rocked you in his arms. "Why would you do that?".

He kept cradling you and stroking your hair.

After a while, you lifted your head from his chest and looked up at him with sore puffy eyes.

"Can we go?" you asked feebly.

"Wherever you want" Loki said wiping your face.

"Take me home please" You said before Loki teleported you both into your living room.

When you arrived, you immediately left Loki's grip and went to the sink to wash the mud off of your hands. You heard the floor creaking next to you signalling that Loki was approaching. Blenching, you quickly spun on your feet to face him with a lour.

"How dare you" you snarled pointing at his chest.

"I didn't know" he tried to explain.

"Well now you do, you know my little secrets. Happy?"

You exclaimed stepping from your position between the sink and Loki.

"Y/N I—" Loki began, reaching out to touch your shoulder.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" You gasped and screamed.

Loki saw the fear hidden in your eyes covered with fake fury.

"Y/N, I'm not going to hurt you" he affirmed as you continued looking into his eyes wanting to believe him until you broke eye contact and stalked towards the couch sitting down still in your muddy clothes.

"Leave, leave please" you asked when you saw Loki walking towards you.

"I'm never leaving you y/n" he said placing a hand on his heart and the other on your shoulder as he sat next to you. "Y/n, I want to show you something" he insisted taking your hands in his and staring into your eyes.

"No Loki" you said after a pause "you hurt me, betrayed my trust, took something personal from me" you reminded beginning to pull your hands back until your mind was transported to someplace else.

You looked around the grandiose room seeing no one until you heard whimpering coming from the corner. Looking down, you saw a raven haired boy with his head in his hands crying.

"Oh well this is nice, you used to live in a palace" you remarked sarcastically noticing the emerald and black aesthetic of the ostentatious room and realising it was Loki's childhood room you were observing.

You watched as a woman adorned in high tone garments walked into the room to scold Loki. Her tone was soft implying perhaps she didn't want to scold the boy but it didn't stop him from crying more and pleading his case.

"I'm not a liar" he exclaimed. "I don't lie".

"What's wrong? Mother didn't love you enough" you scoffed.

"Stop it" the current Loki said.

"It's not nice is it" you said before seeing another scene play out. "Ohh I recognise that face. Look at Thor, apple of this parents eye. No room for a oh this gets better and better" you cheered as the current Loki paled "you're not asgardian at all. No you're much much worse" you grimaced as Loki let go of your hands and moved backwards completely stunned.

"H- how did you" Loki stammered lost for words.

"You're not the only one with magic" you laughed repeating his own words at him bitterly as Loki realised you delved into his mind as he tried to show you one thing.

"You mock me when our fears are one in the same" he said in a hushed tone.

"Our fears? You're scared that you are going to be alone forever, that no one will ever truly love you and that's because you're a monster" you spat causing Loki to wipe a few tears that had escaped at your words.

"I can see it, what you fear right now" you smiled menacingly "it's not because you're a frost giant Loki, no that doesn't make you a monster, it's because you have an ugly heart now leave before I make you" you warned turning away from him.

When you turned back, he was gone.