New Beginnings

As it was late, Tony suggested you stay at the tower as there was still a bedroom waiting for you in the hopes that you'd eventually join the team and move in. You agreed and instantly regretted it once Tony started asking you if it meant you were joining the team.

"Tony, I'm not sure yet alright."

"But never say never" he said with a pleading look.

"Never say never" you chuckled turning around to Bucky who was waiting to walk you to your room.

"Ready doll?" He asked with a hand out.

"Ready" you smiled taking his hand.

You and Bucky walked hand in hand back towards your room. He had originally given you his right hand to hold but you walked around him and grabbed his left one earning a wide smile from him. Clearly he felt a little uneasy about it but you tried your hardest to reassure him it was fine. As you got to the hallway where your room was, you saw Loki standing outside your door clearly about to knock it. When he saw you both, he turned away from you about to walk back to his room until you stopped him.

"Loki wait" you shouted releasing Bucky's hand and fast walking towards Loki who had turned back around to face you.

"Y/n" Bucky said trying to call you back.

"I'm alright Bucky thanks for walking me back" you smiled looking at him before focusing back on Loki.

"Are you sure?" Bucky whispered grabbing your hand and looking at Loki.

"I'm gonna apologise, I'm sure he was about to do the same thing, if I need you I'll shout" you whispered "mr knight in shining armour" you grinned before turning back towards Loki who was watching the whole exchange with furrowed brows.

Walking towards Loki, you started drumming your fingers on your thumb. You weren't sure why but you were feeling a little anxious. Glancing at what he was wearing, you noticed that he had more paint on him than he did earlier. You did regret what you said to Loki but what he said was hurtful too. As you got closer, you gave a small wave with a tight lipped smile causing his features to soften.

"Hi"

"Y/n, I came to apologise" he confessed looking into your eyes "what I said was—"

"Rude, ill mannered, insolent, har—"

"Yes, I do apologise y/n" he laughed.

"It's not funny" you said crossing your arms faking annoyance "buuuuut I should apologise too."

"Should.." Loki added waiting for you to continue.

"But I won't"

"Won—"

You put a hand up silencing him "I'll do one better, Hello, I'm y/n, lovely to meet you" you said offering Loki a hand to shake.

"What are you doing?" He questioned clearly puzzled.

"We've got off on the wrong foot and we keep apologising to one another which is clearly not working, let's just start again, forget the past"

"But what if there are things I don't wish to forget" Loki questioned thinking back to your singing "not every moment was bad."

"Then don't forget those bits" you laughed at Loki's seriousness.

"I'm Loki, pleasure to meet you too" he said taking your hand in his.

You stood like that for a few moments just looking at each other with smiles on your faces whilst your hands connected. Breaking the connection you began to turn around before saying-

"Goodnight Loki" and then you turned towards your door, opened it and went inside.

Loki didn't reply to your well wishes until you had closed the door. He whispered a goodnight to it but stood a few seconds longer looking at where you were just standing before turning to his room too.

As Loki stepped in, he looked at the painting he was yet to finish along with the dirty paintbrushes on the floor. Sighing, he sat on his bed and placed the hand you had held on his cheek and replayed the 'goodnight' you had given him in his head. Loki couldn't recall the last time someone had wished him well save you. It was frivolous but when you're someone who was usually gifted harshness, the smallest of caring words were a blessing.

Meanwhile, you had gotten your phone out to text Bucky.

Things went good with Loki!

That's wonderful

tomorrow we'll plan our date?

Still wanna do the whole date thing? :)

Definitely 😊 night Bucky