"Unhand me brute"

"HE WHAT?!" Bucky fumed rushing to you both.

Guilt consumed you with every step Bucky made to you. He was marching but he seemed to move in slow motion. Your breathing quickened and you knew you should have moved but you were frozen. Still shocked from Loki's surprise, the interrogation, the way you felt when Loki kissed you, the mission earlier, Loki's proximity the whole time you were together, the fact that the man seemed to have known your dad, how shy Loki had managed to make you earlier, the fact that Bucky was now harshly pushing Loki backwards.

"BUCKY" you shouted desperately trying to separate the pair.

"Get away y/n" he replied through gritted teeth as his eyes remained fixed on the god he had pinned against the wall with his hand at his throat.

"Unhand me brute" Loki cautioned seeming unusually unfazed.

"ILL KILL YOU" Bucky yelled tightening his grip on Loki.

"I'd personally like to see you try" Loki chuckled amused by Bucky's threat.

"BUCKY STOP IT NOW" you begged frantically watching fury encompass his features.

"I said GET AWAY" he grunted, eyes still locked on Loki as he pushed you away.

Underestimating his strength, Bucky sent you hitting the opposite wall roughly knocking the air out of your lungs briefly as you grabbed your stomach winded. The sound of your laboured breathing seemed to snap Bucky out of his rage as he loosened his grip on Loki before turning to face you. Within the same moment, Loki had teleported away from him and was at your side.

"Are you alright?" He asked checking you for injuries.

"I'm fine I'm fine" you assured dismissing him with your hand, gaze still on the floor.

Loki turned his attention from you to Bucky who was still standing speechless with his actions. Outrage replaced Loki's concerned demeanour as he glared at Bucky, hands balling into fists.

"You'd hurt her?" Loki growled baring his teeth.

Looking past Loki, Bucky tried to find your eyes as he apologised.

"DON'T YOU DARE LOOK AT HER" Loki snapped.

Eyes wide, your gaze caught with Bucky's as time started to move slowly again. You were shocked, lost for words, panicked, surprised, stunned, you didn't mean it. You didn't mean to connect with Bucky like this. You watched as his face contorted in horror as you showed him his fears. No one trusting him to not be a monster. Him loosing everyone he loves. Him loosing control. Him hurting you. You showed him all of it. Before you even realised what was truly happening, you watched Loki conjure a dagger. Snapping out of this trance, you grabbed his hand and tried to calm him down, caressing the back of his hand with your thumb as you looked into his eyes.

"Y/N, I'm sorry" Bucky uttered walking past the both of you. You could hear the hurt and regret in his voice. He was sorry but he was also heartbroken that you had done that to him. You had tortured his mind.

"Bucky don't" you pleaded letting go of Loki.

Bucky didn't reply, he didn't turn back, he didn't slow his steps, he just carried on walking away and you didn't chase him.