Shock factor

Entering the room, you locked eyes onto the man that was sitting cuffed at the table. He looked rougher than he did before, perhaps someone had already tried getting answers out of him. You thought about the best method of extraction as he carefully watched your movements completely ignoring Loki behind you. Deciding that staying calm was probably the best thing to do, you pulled out a chair opposite the man and sat down.

"Y/N Y/L/N, and what can I do for you today?" He asked amusement evident in his tone.

"You know why I'm here" you snarled as Loki took the seat next to you.

"So, you and your boyfriend here are planning what exactly? You know you can't use fear y/n come on you're smarter than that."

The way this man used your name with such familiarity irked you. He spoke with a conviction that was unnerving. The fact that he had no fears evident made this whole exchange worse. Wait, did he just say boyfriend?

"For your sake, I'd cooperate" Loki remarked not correcting the man.

"Y/N, you're going to let him speak to me like that?" The man chuckled leaning backwards in his seat.

"Don't say her name" Loki warned leaning forwards over the table to the man.

"Loki it's fine" you said halting his movements.

"Yes Loki, y/n here doesn't need your help, she's the daughter of one of the greatest agents in the field" The man cheered emphasising the 'L'.

This statement caused your focus to jump from Loki to the man. How did he know who your dad was? Surely he's made a mistake or clasping at straws. Just stay calm y/n.

"He didn't manage to finish that case did he?." The man commented looking around the room before locking eyes with you again.

"Stop" you ordered as the man continued talking.

"What was it about huh? The case?"

"Stop it" you demanded wracking the mans mind trying to find anything at all that could hurt him.

"He didn't tell you did he?" The man laughed, eyes still locked onto yours.

"STOP IT!" You yelled jumping up causing the chair to fall behind you.

This outburst caused the man to fall silent as Loki stood up to comfort you.

"It's fine I'm fine just-just continue" you said pushing him away from you.

Instead of being irrational like you had, Loki sat back down and continued the interrogation. He seemed generally determined to get answers however he wasn't asking about the encrypted emails, he was asking about your dad.

Hearing the conversation, you paused your pacing.

"That's enough" you announced as you made a beeline to the door. Following you, Loki turned and glared at the man.

"This isn't over" he spat and then slammed the door following you down the corridor.

Hyperventilating, you felt tears threaten to fall. You were recalling memories of your dad. That night. The secret case. How did this man know about any of it? Your heart was racing and you felt dizzy. Your vision was going blurry and you placed a hand on the wall to steady yourself. You felt as if you were about to pass out until you felt a hand on your shoulder.

"Breathe, come on y/n breathe with me" Loki said inhaling and exhaling.

Breathing felt impossible and you stammered to talk.

"I-I"

"In out" he said still inhaling and exhaling.

"I- I can't" you stuttered, vision fading.

Before you could even allow yourself to fall into darkness, you felt Loki's lips slam onto yours as he kissed you. Eyes widening in shock, you pulled away and looked at Loki who was slowly opening his eyes.

"Shock factor" he mumbled heart aching to kiss y/n again.

"Y-you kissed me" you spoke running a finger over your lips.

"HE WHAT?!" Bucky fumed rushing to you both.