Chamber of reflection

When you arrived at the Airport, you withdrew all the money you could. You bought a brick phone and new SIM card from the airport and transferred all the numbers from your current phone to it, discarding of your current phone. You didn't want them to contact you but you kept their numbers just in case. You knew they could probably track you down if they wanted to but hopefully they'd just take a hint. You were done. You messaged Noah letting him know your new number and booked a flight to Portugal.

Sitting on the plane, you looked out of the window. Happy endings weren't for everyone, especially not you.

Portugal was nice, you spent a year uninterrupted by the Avengers there, living in a small area near Albufeira. You had Seven. She was gorgeous. She gave you a new reason to live. A purpose. You thought back to the question you asked yourself over a year ago. Would you love it unconditionally if it was Bucky's the same way you were certain you would if it was Loki's? That was a stupid question. Seven was you, you loved her with everything you were. You didn't know a love like this existed.

After a while, you decided to move. The letter you had received from Steve had nothing to do with your decision. You wanted a change, you didn't leave because they knew where you were meaning they could take you out of this mirage of happiness you had created for yourself, you left because you wanted to. You decided to visit Budapest.

You loved it. It reminded you of Natasha. You tried to block out the thoughts of the others. You had kept in contact with Noah and sent him pictures of your travels. You decided to tell him about your dad one night during a phone call. You missed him. Noah asked where he was buried and the next day he sent you a picture of his gravestone. You printed the picture and kissed it everyday.

Missing the sun, when Seven was four, you both decided to go on holiday to Spain. Noah met you both there too with his girlfriend. She and Seven got on really well and she babysat whilst you and Noah done drunken karaoke. Another letter from Steve made you send a letter back this time with a picture of Spain just so he'd know you were ok. He kept his letter brief, just a 'hope you're ok' and 'please come home'. He didn't mention anything about Bucky. After sending the letter, you knew your location was compromised so you decided to settle in London.

London was nice. Peaceful. Far away from New York. Far away from the Avengers, all of it. You missed them everyday. You missed Loki everyday. You couldn't go back, you had to keep you and Seven safe, happy.