Dream a little dream

Walking into the Pembroke Mansion, Loki was greeted by waitresses offering him champagne as he walked closer to the centre of the room where everyone was. His eyes searched the room looking in every corner for y/n. He got slightly worried when he saw all the other women but not y/n. Loki began walking towards them to ask where she was but as he approached them, the lights began to dim whilst a spotlight illuminated the stage in the middle of the reception. Loki's breath hitched when y/n stepped up onto it being helped by Tony who mouthed a "go get em" to her before departing.

Loki couldn't take his eyes off of her emerald dress. It was one shoulder and had a fishtail skirt that pooled around y/n's legs. Her makeup was flawless and she radiated confidence and beauty. Something from behind her caught Loki's eye. Honing in on it, he saw Thor beaming and gesturing to Loki's scarf that matched the colour of y/n's dress.

My y/n. The mischievous Angel that that began the amelioration of my heart. My piece of heaven, Loki thought to himself as the spotlight followed y/n to the grand piano.

Sitting down, y/n smoothed over her dress before tucking the piano stool in slightly.

"Hi I'm y/n" she said nervously on the microphone causing Loki to whisper motivational phrases under his breath in the hopes they'd maybe reach her telepathically. "Tony asked if I could do a little something so here's me doing something" she said with a small laugh before running her fingers over the keys instantly gripping everyone's attention again.

With the first few notes, Loki immediately recognised the tune. He thought about the morning after he had met y/n, her melodic voice, and then she started singing.

"Stars shining bright above you, night breezes seem to whisper I love you."

How Loki yearned to hear y/n say those three simple words just to him.

"Birds singing in the sycamore tree, dream a little dream of me."

Her tone was angelic and she played the piano to perfection whilst the room ignited with agreeable nods and raised glasses all cheering for Loki's y/n.

"Say "Night-ie night" and kiss me. Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me."

Loki started replaying every moment he's had with y/n. From the moment he first met her to now. Even the angsty times were memorable because she was in them. Y/N made Loki's heart glow.

When y/n finished singing, she was met with loud cheers, whistles and applauses. She stood up and done a quick curtsy before stepping off the low platform and making her way towards Loki and the rest of the group.