Asgard

Loki hated being in Asgard, too many reminders. Being in Asgard reminded him that he was no more than the wayward prince who tried to bring destruction to the homes of many. Being in Asgard reminded him of the cruel parentage he received from Odin being in Thor's shadow. Being in Asgard reminded Loki of his great loss.

"Mother would have liked y/n" Thor said as they walked into the palace.

"What?" Loki asked completely lost in thought.

"Mother would have liked that you've decided to stand with me as opposed to fighting against me"

"I suppose she would" Loki said turning away from Thor.

Walking down the decedent passage towards his chambers, Loki let his fingers glide against the wall as he replayed some of the fonder memories from his childhood. He remembered when he and Thor would run around the gardens pretending that they were fighting in a battle. He remembered how he and Thor were before everything turned into a big competition. He remembered when Thor looked after him like an older brother was supposed to. No competition, no vying just two brothers who loved each other, protected each other.
Opening the door to his bed chambers, Loki's eyes scanned the room as he took in the extravagant curtains, the prodigious bed, the plethora of books. He remembered the bookshelf y/n had in her apartment when he dropped her home after that first night he met her. Thinking of her, he took her underwear out of his pocket, smiling at the sight of them. Walking towards the door, Loki locked it before going onto his bed and really enjoying y/n's underwear.

The next day, Thor was away from the palace, probably with friends Loki thought looking at the secret door in the library that lead to a small enclosed part of the garden that he'd often frequent alone as a child for he had no friends. The lonesome prince.

So far, Loki knew that y/n's dad was involved in some shady business when he first started out in SHIELD. He also knew that these things that y/n's dad was involved in were all swept under the rug giving him a clean slate as he worked up the ranks becoming one of SHIELDS best agents along with Fury. Something had happened and it made these long buried things rise to the surface. Someone was after y/n's dad and they knew all about his past.

Getting some fresh air, Loki decided to go for a stroll around the gardens. With each flower, he saw only Frigga. He missed her dearly. His eyes began to fill with tears remembering his mother until he reached a rose bush. The tears that threatened to spill were soon replaced by a boisterous laugh when he remembered y/n attacking the wall with Bucky's bunch of roses. His mind drifted on y/n as he began walking back to the palace library. Was she alright? Did she know she was perfect?

Returning a different way than the one he left, Loki noticed a small chest of draws that had some paper sticking out of it. Opening the draw to tuck the paper back in, he was shocked when he saw a picture of y/n's dad.