70

September 19, 2021

Ari Pov

"Anybody hear from Kay" I ask

I know she told me not to have a baby shower but she also told me she'll come. Now here we are the day of and no signs.

"No" Essence say "but don't worry about it. Let's just celebrate"

This was already about to be the start of her pattern. Not only was it our baby shower but it was finally time for us to know what I was having. Of course everyone else knew but we didn't. Everybody has been knowing for about a week now.

I smiled a little and walked out. Seeing all the balloons brought tears to my eyes. "It's okay" I felt Tae wrap his arms around me but that just made me cry harder

She promised I wouldn't go through any of this alone.

I tried my best to just put my feelings aside and enjoy my event "oh Ari" I smiled at Kenya "I promise you look so beautiful!

"Thank you" we hug "she promised"

"Don't worry about that child of mine let's just make sure we take all the pictures and enjoy this" I can't not worry about her. She's suppose to be here!

"Please can you just call her" I tried calling her a few times when I got here but of course no answer. I'm not going to lie I have half of mind to end this right now

"I will try to get in contact with her just try to enjoy yourself" I hope she's not in jail

"Okay" I release her from the hug and started mingling with everybody

A hour in and I was ready to go get in the bed. My feet was hurting and this dress felt tight as fuck. I smiled watching everybody dance.

Even D was here and she was being so respectful. She kept her distance and I appreciate that because a few of Kay's friends was here even her taco truck working ass hoe. Which I don't know why she's here. I had half a mind to whoop her ass but whatever.

"Bitch your mother in law did the damn thing" I only laughed at Santana

"She did do good" I look around smiling

"Who paid for it" man black people are so damn nosey. I knew this question was coming

"She did actually. I don't know if Kay gave her any money but I know I didn't" she turned it down every time. Everybody was here though. Everybody that mattered minus Kay. I'll give them all up to have her here.

We haven't talked much but she knew about this. I made sure she did. I honestly just wanted her to pick me. Show me that I'm enough. It shouldn't always be the streets and me or some other bitch and me.

I show up and show out for her whenever she allows me. I chose her a long time ago. I chose her when I didn't decide to bellyflop on my staircase with Kason. It was always an option.

"That's how you know she's going to always be there" and I wouldn't have it any other way. My mom can be wicked as fuck so I'm glad my child would have at least one stable grandmother  "a fighter" he place his hands on my bump

"No choice" my baby is going to have to fight. I rather not but it's just the way this ruthless ass world is. As much as Kay is going to fight me on it my kid is going to be sheltered as fuck.