The Blackmail

Amy

He closed the door and walked in as I looked up. He looked like he was having a pretty bad hangover. His hair was disheveled and he had removed his tie and blazer. A few of his top buttons were open. Something on his chest caught my attention. I froze as I realized what it was.

Red Lipstick. He..he was with another girl. On our wedding night. He...he cheated on me. How could...Why did...Did he not even respect me? Get a grip Amy. He doesn't love you. He is not the Aaron you fell for.

"Had a good night, Amelia?" the bastard asked smiling.

I blinked back my tears. When I didn't reply, he continued leaning against the wall, " Funny, you are still sitting exactly where I left you last night. If it wasn't for the change of clothes, I would have assumed you hadn't moved an inch from last night. Anyways, what are you waiting for? Start cleaning this mess you made last night. There are glasses everywhere. I would have said please be careful, but where's the fun in that. After all my job is to make your life a hell and I like to excel at everything I do. You should know. You got a sample of it for a year."

That's it. How dare he throw it to my face!

"Do you honestly think that after everything you did I will stay here? You may have managed to fool me for a year but if you think I am gonna act like some damsel in distress and beg you to explain yourself or to love me back, you need to think better. I may have loved you but I love myself more. I respect myself too much to let you throw shit at me. You may have been the love of my life and the center of my universe, but I know that my life doesn't end at you. So, I am moving out. I can't stay under the same roof with a man like you. I will send the divorce papers soon. Bye, Mr. Kingston. Hope you get your brain tested and treated before I see you next time, that is if I ever have the misfortune to see you again", I told him and turned to got to my room.

"Where will you go?" he asked.

"Do not act like you care. Do not ask me questions that will make me want to kill you, Aaron. I cannot take more of this", I spoke angrily.

"What will you tell my parents? I am sure they won't like to hear that their precious daughter-in-law left her home the very next day of her marriage", he asked again.

"You are an amazing liar, Aaron. Spin up some more and just answer all their questions. Or even better. Tell them what a psycho their son is", I gritted.

"What will you tell the media? I am sure they won't leave you that easily without an answer."

"We got married in private. The media doesn't even know of it yet."

"Get your facts updated then. The picture from our wedding are flooding on the internet"

"We had decided we are not revealing to the media just yet. You had promised you will take care of it." I told him anger lacing my voice.

"I had promised a lot of things before we married. I am not planning to fulfil most of them. Don't keep your hopes so high", he scoffed.

"I do not care. I will just answer the media. I will tell them that...that you...you are gay."

"That won't do any good to your reputation. Plus, there are plenty who can attest to the exact opposite of that."

"Then, I will tell them that you are an insane serial killer. Stop asking stupid questions. Whatever happens I will deal with it. Just not you."

"So you have planned everything already? Thought everything through? You are all set huh? Nothing will change your mind?" he crossed his arms.

"Yes", I said with finality in my voice.