The Friend's Advice

Amy

"I am really impressed with these designs. There are only a few changes that I am requesting otherwise we can finalize on them."

I clenched my hand in a fist under the table. I am going to slaughter this bastard.

No, no. I am not talking about Aaron, for a change. I am talking about this secretary of the Duke's grandson. He has been staring at me flirtatiously since I entered the room. I have given him so many signals that I am not interested. He is just infuriatingly shameless. I am almost on the verge of getting up and slapping him hard on the face.

"Very well, Mr. Silva. It should not be a problem.", Aaron said looking at me for confirmation.

"Um...yeah sure", I answered with a shrug.

"Alright then. You can decide with my secretary when will be a good time to meet again with the changed designs, Miss..." Duke's grandson looked at me expectantly to give him my name.

"Missus. She is Mrs. Amelia." Aaron answered for me.

"Oh, you are married?" asked the secretary with a surprise.

"Yes, she is very happily married", Aaron said with a smile.

"Well then, see you later, Mrs. Amelia and Mr. Kingston." The Duke's grandson smiled and left with a very embarrassed secretary tailing behind. Peter escorted them out. I bit my lip to hide my smile. It was funny to see the secretary so embarrassed.

Soon everyone else left too, as I was packing the designs neatly and once again it was just Aaron and I, left alone in the conference room.

"You are welcome", Aaron said tilting his head slightly upwards.

"For what? I never even thanked you in the first place", I asked him with a frown.

"Firstly, for motivating you to design something so good and secondly," Aaron got up from his chair and sat on the table, "For getting rid of that flirty bastard of a secretary."

He knew? He knew that the secretary was trying to flirt with me?

I scoffed, "You didn't get rid of him. He realized that I was married so -"

"And why do you think I told him that?" he smirked, raising his eyebrows at me.

Oh my god. I swear, Aaron Kingston is a mystery I will never be able to solve.

"How did you know that he was throwing lewd glances at me?" I asked before I could stop myself.

"Because you were on the edge of your seat almost ready to punch him. I guess what saved him was that we were in middle of a meeting." Aaron smirked at me.

"Were you concentrating on the clients or me?" I asked cockily.

"You wish. I am just an observant man, remember?" Aaron scoffed and I shook my head.

We walked out of the conference room and entered the elevator. It was already lunch time and I guess everyone had left so the elevator was empty. It was just the two of us inside. I decided to text Luke to ask him if he already left.

"What are you doing for lunch?" Aaron said looking at me.

"Well, I was just asking Luke if he left for lunch. I'll probably join him", I shrugged.

"Why? Is it some kind of a Reunion of Long Lost Friends rule that you need to have lunch together everyday until you die?" Aaron glared at me making me chuckle.

"It is just that we enjoy talking to each other while we are eating", I told him with a smile.

Aaron scoffed at me. "Right, enjoy talking to each other. What do you guys even talk about everyday? The weather?"