The Pretending

Amy

"Amy, where does this go?" Lia asked me dangling my shoes in her hands.

I glared at her in answer. She gave me a smug look and winked at me, dropping her act of innocence.

These three are ruining my room for me.

Yesterday, after making me forcefully act like Luke's potential girlfriend, today morning Luke, Lia and Daniel barged into my house and started packing my things, much to Aaron's horror.

They are already halfway through and I can not bloody utter a word right now because Aaron will know and then, Lia will tell him my dirty little secret.

"Why do I have such difficult friends in my life!" I groaned.

"Don't worry, Amy. Think of this like a pre-packing for shifting to your real bedroom", Luke patted my back and chuckled.

"Where is Aaron by the way?" Daniel asked.

"Oh, I checked. He hasn't stepped a foot outside his study since after he saw us in the morning", Lia laughed.

"This is not funny! He must have felt so heartbroken last night", I told them.

"Aww! Look at you so worried for your husband", Lia cooed.

I glared at her, "Wait until it is your turn. I will take my revenge."

"Never gonna happen. God hasn't made a man in the world who can handle me", Lia shook her head.

"I second that. Only a mad man can dream about trying to handle this crazy woman, let alone fall for her", Daniel nodded.

She shot him a venomous glare and turned to look at me and Luke, "You both need to work a little on your acting skills though. When you both look at each other, Aaron should see love and lust in your eyes."

I looked at her as if she had grown two heads, "That's impossible."

She frowned and said, "Of course not."

Luke asked her, "What?"

She sighed and rolled her eyes and said, "It is simple. You think as if you are talking to Aaron and you imagine her to be Connor. The love will come up on its own."

"I don't think you can get anymore crazier", I just shook my head, "I am gonna go check on, Aaron."

"No!" they said in unison.

"He hasn't eaten anything since last night, guys. He has just recovered from the gunshot. He has to take his medicines", I told then.

"Fine! But, you are not going", Lia told me.

"Lia, please", I told her.

She turned to Daniel and said, "You go and give him the food and make sure he has his medicines. Also, try and get some information on what is going on in his head."

"I have a better idea. Let us both go and you can tell him all about how you want to thank him since Amy is very happy with the divorce and then, we can ask him to come and spend some time with us as we take a break from packing", Daniel told Lia.

"Marvellous! Luke, you and Amy come out after sometime and put on a movie as we get Aaron. Then, you flirt with her while watching the movie", Lia told Luke.

"Let's go", Lia said and pulled me with her to the kitchen.

I quickly placed some food and juice on a tray and handed it to Lia, "Make sure he eats everything and takes his medicine."

"I will. Don't worry", she smiled and I sighed as they disappeared into Aaron's study.

I went to the living room and gave Luke a defeated look.